Chapter 11: Christmas

Hi everyone. Thank you for understanding that I had put some of my stories on hold due to starting so many stories at once. I am planning to get rid of some. I am not getting rid of this one so don't worry.

Disclaimer: everything besides Sophie and her family belong to J. K. Rowling.

--:;(;/-/(((::

It was December and it was getting cold. Snow has covered the castle. I don't normally see snow since I lived in San Francisco. I told Harry, Ron, and Hermione about my shifting abilities. They were surprised. They now understood why I had an accent. I was from America after all. When I thought about it, I may never be able to see them again if I returned home. They understood the possibility. They didn't think that I was weird. They promised not to tell anyone about it. It was not only for my protection but, their protection as well.

I noticed the changes in the cupcakes. They tasted like they should be. I notice a lot of the kids were eating the cupcakes than the other desserts.They even sent out the Christmas holiday cupcake, Peppermint hot chocolate cupcake. This was my own recipe that I gave to my mother.

It was near Christmas. Many students were going to go home. Hermione was going home. I walked around the castle and bumped into Malfoy. "Hi Sophia," Malfoy said. "Hi," I said. "Your not going home?" he asked. "No. My home is really far away," I said honestly. I live in American in an alternate world. In a way, it was way to far away. "You could come to my house," he offered. "No I'm fine," I said."Oh ok. I'll write to you," he said. "Ok. I have a question to ask you," I said. "What is it?" he said nervously. "Did you tell everyone to stop picking at me?" I asked. He relaxed a bit. {Why was he nervous before?} "Yes I did," he said. "Why?" I asked. "You didn't look to happy. You always looked like you were alone to me," he said. "Thank you," I said. "Your welcome," he said with a smile. I smiled back. "Well have a merry christmas," I said. "You too," he said. He was about to leave when I remembered something "Oh and thank you for my birthday present. I said. He blushed a bit. "Your welcome," he said and left quickly. I giggled bit.

I went into the Great Hall and saw Harry and Ron playing wizards chess. I would say, it was interesting. You didn't have to move the pieces. I sat next to Harry and watched the game. Hermione came over to us with her trunk. Hermione watched the game. "That's totally barbaric," she said. "Thats a wizard's chess," Ron said. Ron looked at Hermione. "I see you've packed," he said. "See you haven't," she said back at him. "Change of plans. My parents are going to Romania to visit my brother charlie. He is studying dragons there," he explained. {How many brothers does Ron have?} Ron and Harry planned to look in the library for anything on Nicholas Flamel. I helped a bit. Hermione said to look in the restricted section.

Christmas came and it was nice. I opened my eyes. I heard pecking at the window. I looked at the window to see three five owls outside. I opened the window and each dropped a package before flying out of my room. I wondered who they could be from.

I turned my attention to the packages. They were presents. The first present was from Hermione. She got me a muggle book. I thought that I would read something normal for a change. Second present was from Ron's mother. She knitted my a sweater. I thought I need it because I didn't pack any clothes much. Third present was from Professor McGonagall. She got me another butterfly hairpin but, the butterfly moved. I loved it. Fourth present was from Dumbledore. He got me a book on shifters and the sacred twenty eight. I thought it would be interesting.

The last present that I got a present was from Malfoy. I opened the present to find a small velvet box. I opened it to find another charm for my charm bracelet. It was a butterfly that was decorated with tourmaline crystal. There was a note inside.

Dear Sophia,

Hope you like your present. I got you a butterfly charm. I know you like butterflies. Merry Christmas.

-Draco

I smiled. It was a great Christmas. I went to my desk and wrote each of them a letter thanking them for the gifts. {If I do stay here, I better get them a gift next year.} I looked outside. "Tempest!" I yelled out. Tempest flew in my room. I gave her some mice meat as a present. Mice meat was her favorite. "I need you to get these to them please," I said politely. I love Tempest. I tied the letters on her leg and she flew off. I went to the fireplace and sat in front of it. {I hope mom and dad are having a good christmas with out me.}

I went to see Ron and Harry at their common room that afternoon. The Fat Lady let me in. She knew that I was not a threat. Harry got an invisibility cloak as a present. He didn't know who it was from though.