Lost (Teen!Pitch Black X Female!Reader)

My name is Chryssie Smoke. I had always been so lost; so afraid. I was seen as a silent and timid girl. Why? Because my parents abandoned me: putting me into the foster system before I'd finished my first year of school. I don't know what I'd done wrong.

After over five years of being in the system, I decided to run away. No one had fostered me yet, what was the point in waiting? Who would want to adopt a silent, stoic teenager?
It was early December: I packed my warmest clothes, sanitary products, a bit of food, money I'd earned from chores, a toothbrush and toothpaste (the essentials, essentially) all into a duffel bag. It was heavy, obviously, so I'd have to compromise the health of my shoulder by carrying it.

I didn't bother saying goodbye to anyone, I just took an old map from a desk drawer and shoved it into the pocket of my raincoat. Now, there was only one thing more to decide: do I leave late at night or early in the morning? I thought to myself. Early in the morning would have to do; I wasn't a fan of the horror stories I'd heard about girls walking alone at night.

I set my alarm clock to wake me up at 3:45, so I'd at least get some sleep. "Turn that down, Chryssie, you woke me up!" My roommate hissed angrily. She was talkative and had tried many times to strike up a conversation with me: I refused mostly. I turned off the alarm.

"Sorry," I muttered, climbing out of bed and heading to the bathroom. A quick wash would have to do. Afterwards, I returned to grab my duffel bag from the bedroom: my roomy was snoring softly as usual. Good, I thought, before leaving and closing the door behind me.
The orphanage building had one of those Yale doors that locked when you shut it behind you, so I didn't need to worry about a key: I wouldn't be returning - hopefully.

~~~~~

I stepped out into the world and felt the cold air suddenly hit my face. I had forgotten about that. It was a good thing I'd come prepared with a raincoat and comfortable footwear. By now, it was around 4 am and the sun was slowly rising. I had to get out of town; fast.

It was too cold to walk; taxis were too expensive and I wasn't stupid enough to hitch a ride so I decided to walk to the nearest bus stop, drinking a breakfast shake on the way. "Isn't it a bit early for you to be getting on a bus, honey?" The driver asked. I just shrugged, tapping my pass on the reader.
The bus pass was mostly for school but I didn't think the staff back at the foster home would care enough to look into my disappearance. I hadn't made a big enough presence there to begin with. I sat down in a seat that looked even a little bit clean and stared out the window.

~~~

After a few stops, a few people piled onto the bus, guitars and other instruments strapped to their backs and someone sat next to me. There were so many other spaces on the bus and this person sat next to me. I didn't give any sign that I knew he was there. He was wearing black; that was all I could see from the corner of my eye. I felt his stare for several minutes. I was normally quiet but I felt as if I had to say something now, "do you have a problem?" I said quietly, only half-looking at him.

"Me?" He asked.

"Yes, you." He quickly clapped a hand over my mouth and told me to be quiet. "What the hell are you doing, man?" I exclaimed, grabbing his hand.

"No one else can see me, Chryssie; don't embarrass yourself!" He stated, slightly humoured. I looked around; the band members were giving me weird looks. I put my head in my hands, hiding in humiliation. I whispered to the stranger, asking how he knew my name. "I am who is known to most people as the Boogeyman. I've sensed your fear for a very long time. I'd like you to come with me."

The Boogeyman? Why would I follow him, he scares people! It wouldn't be safe. "Where are we going?" I whispered. I thought it was the most stupid thing I'd ever said; why was I agreeing to go with this boy? Simple: I had nothing better to do. Maybe he was the answer to my problems.

Disclaimer:
I
 would like to state that I am not encouraging running away and finding your true love as a teenager purely because life is hard. This is a work of fiction where you can imagine this happening in order to fantasize over Pitch. That's all this is; fantasy.

Normally, I wouldn't feel the need to write a disclaimer but some people are highly influenced and I don't want anyone to attempt this.

~~~~~

We got off the bus at the next stop - ignoring the strange look from the driver - and I followed the boy through town. I yawned and checked my watch: 4:34. "What's your name?" I asked him.

"I have many: one is Kozmotis Pitchiner." He had a British accent and a soft voice, a bit like Jude Law's.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, adjusting the duffel bag on my shoulder.

"Do you want me to hold that?" He offered kindly. I nodded shyly, handing it to him. He took it and slung it over his shoulder with such ease. It was the only time I'd really taken a good look at him; spiked black hair and grey skin. He was wearing a black shirt and trousers and there were shadows constantly flowing down his arms. His eyes were bright yellow. He was incredible. "We are going to where I live."

"Your house?" I asked as we walked.

"A house of sorts... some would call it a lair; some... a palace," he said with a smirk. It sounded perfect..! Too perfect. I asked him how I knew I could trust him. "I've been rather alone recently, I just wanted some company." It sounded as though he was guilt-tripping me - but what did I have to lose?

~~~

I followed Kozmotis down an empty, echoing, stinky alleyway; past an interesting-looking shop with Christmas lights strung from the outside which hadn't yet been turned off for the day; and into a forest with towering, leaf-bare trees. Throughout the entire walk, he had been talking to me; not minding at all that I wasn't saying much. I wasn't the best talker but I was a good listener; perhaps he admired that. "I wasn't always the Boogeyman. People see me as a villain. I just wanted people to believe in me," he'd said. "You do, because you believe in fear: The one thing I represent... I've been watching you since your parents abandoned you, Chryssie, I've given nightmares to all those who hurt you."
Needless to say: I was flattered and felt better than I'd ever felt before. We reached a... bed? A bed in the middle of nowhere? Kozmotis pushed the bed slightly to reveal a hole in the ground. "It's like a slide," he began, "it's fun!" He leapt into the hole and I stared down at it for a good few seconds. "What are you waiting for, Chryssie?" He asked, his voice an echo. What did I have to lose..?

I landed in the arms of Kozmotis and felt my face heat up when I realised. He was smirking down at me, looking from my eyes to my lips. I closed my eyes when he kissed me, not expecting it to feel so nice! His arms wrapped more tightly around me and I snaked my arm around his neck and stroked his cheek with my other. "I've waited a long time to meet you, Chryssie," he said softly afterwards.

"Can I stay with you?"

"I thought you'd never ask."