⇢ CHAPTER 65

season 9 episode 15

Holly felt a weight the size of five elephants rest upon her shoulders as she climbed into bed with Jackson, who was already sleeping comfortably in her bed

Holly felt a weight the size of five elephants rest upon her shoulders as she climbed into bed with Jackson, who was already sleeping comfortably in her bed. Holly's mind raced with thoughts bouncing off of every direction until Jackson turned around, wrapping an arm around Holly, voicing in a whisper, "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah." Holly nodded, managing a weak smile although the darkness surrounded them. While she wanted no more than to tell him everything that had gone on, she knew he was too tired to listen to everything and she might not be able to tell anyone other than the people in the crash. So with kiss planted to his cheek, she assured him, "Go back to bed."

He hummed softly before his soft breathes filled the room as Holly stared up at her ceiling, thinking back to everything that happened that night.

"I am telling you," Callie reasoned with the group as Arizona put Sofia to bed, "once we got these doctors talking, it was a horror show."

"Shh." Arizona lectured as she entered the room, "I just got Sofia back down."

"Oh," Callie lowered her voice, "and, uh, Portland Gen has quotas now." She handed a pamphlet to Meredith," Yeah. It's unspoken, but it's understood that you have to churn out a certain number of procedures."

"And no research?" Meredith questioned, opening the pamphlet to briefly read over.

"Nope." Callie shook her head, "Pegasus is only interested in high-volume, high-price-tag procedures. Barely any patient interaction." Meredith handed the pamphlet to Holly, "So no research, no innovation, no opportunity to do what it is we got into medicine to do."

"Well," Derek argued as Holly handed him the pamphlet, "we won't let that happen to us here."

"Oh, yeah?" Callie scoffed, "That's what they said at first. And then the people that fought management got fired. And the rest wore down or they left." Meredith, Derek, and Holly threw each other a look as Callie continued, "Now I don't want to leave. None of us do. You guys, come on. We have to do this."

"Buy the hospital?" Holly questioned with a scoff.

Callie nodded, not taking Holly's disagreement to mind, "Yes."

"Whoa." Derek's eyes went wide as he tried to calm them down, "Hold on."

"Maybe she's right." Meredith shrugged, agreeing with Callie.

"Just wait." Arizona closed her eyes before she reopened them, their attention now on her, "What if we don't want to?"

"Yeah," Holly nodded, pointing to Arizona, "I agree."

"I'm sorry." Arizona apologized sarcastically as Meredith texted Cristina for a response back, "It's never been my dream to run a hospital."