⇢ CHAPTER 47

season 8 episode 1 & 2 + extras !

Mark, with his mouth full, turned to speak to Jackson, who had approached him, "You want plastics?" He cleared his throat, "I don't see it

Mark, with his mouth full, turned to speak to Jackson, who had approached him, "You want plastics?" He cleared his throat, "I don't see it."

Jackson frowned his eyebrows, "Is this about Lexie? 'Cause I thought you were good with that."

"This isn't about sex." Mark clarified, "It's about medicine."

Jackson sighed, "Then I don't understand."

"You're a good surgeon." Mark noted, "Not a great surgeon, which is why I was surprised Lexie and R--" He cleared his throat again, changing the conversation after almost letting it slip Holly liked him, "Uh, how's Lexie?"

"And this isn't about Lexie?" Jackson frowned his eyebrows again.

Mark shook his head as he bit into his apple, "Nope... how's she doing, by the way?"

Jackson nodded as he walked away, "Wow."

"Red?" Mark asked, walking inside the dark scan room Holly sat in.

"It's stupid." Holly sniffled, bringing her hands to her face as she chuckled at the fact she was crying, "I know it's stupid."

"It's not stupid if it's making you cry as much as you are right now." Mark reasoned, sliding over a tissue box, to which Holly thanked him softly, "...Is it about George?"

"What?" Holly frowned her eyebrows, wiping the tears under her eyes as she shook her head, "No, I... it's not about George... although, I wish it was, because maybe then I wouldn't have to go through this."

Although he was confused, Mark nodded his head, deciding to open up to get her comfortable, "...I still miss her."

Holly sniffled, "What?"

"Lexie." Mark clarified, "I still miss her. I think I can come to work and maybe she'd spare a glance my way but then I remember she's with someone else."

Holly paused for a moment, her thoughts resurfacing as she spoke, "Jackson and Lexie have started to tone down on the P.D.A.," She pursed her lips, "meaning they're not in the 'Honeymoon' phase anymore." She chuckled lightly, embarrassed that she was admitting what she thought to Mark, "Meaning their relationship has entered a new stage and isn't a casual fling anymore."

Wanting to be hopeful, Mark began, "Or they could--"

"Mark," Holly looked at him, seeing the hopeful eyes that held a dream of his perfect life with Lexie, "they're serious now."

✧✧✧

Joining Mark, Holly sat next to him in the gallery that observed the 'Gunther' surgery in the O.R. below as Arizona asked the two, "Hey, is the E.R. still a zoo?"