⇢ CHAPTER 83

IMPORTANT A/N : this is basically another alternate universe (a.u.) chapter in grey's where cristina thinks about how her life would be with different endings :}

cristina's mind of endless possibilities
season 10 episode 17

cristina's mind of endless possibilitiesseason 10 episode 17

"Jason..." Cristina repeated, glancing down at her patient who suffered a multitude of injuries which caused him to remain paralyzed in his gurney, "would you like me to remove the vent?"

The patient, glancing at his wife one last time before his eyes landed on his doctor, nodded— all the while, Cristina could not help herself but think of how things would be if they ended differently. 

Walking to the Nurses' Station with defeat, Cristina placed her patient's tablet in the chargers to join the rest in beautiful formation as she sighed.

Do you know who you are? 

Cristina blinked, looking around at the doctors in front of her as everything slowed.

Do you know what has happened to you?

Her face lit up— catching the sight of Owen walking up to the elevator before pressing a button. 

Do you want to live this way?

Taking a deep breath of courage, Cristina smiled softly to herself as she approached him, ignoring Jackson's cry of pain once the sound of a crack from the bones in his hands broke the silence. 

"Oh, God." Jackson winced, holding his injured hand with the other as Meredith rushed over, worried.

"Jackson—" Meredith's eyes widened while Cristina spoke to Owen, admitting her love for him, "I-I'll go get Holly."

"I'm sorry." Derek apologized while Holly sympathetically looked at Jackson, softly holding onto his previously-injured-now-healed hand, "I know how painful it is. I've been through it myself, but it's been over two years since the injury, and at some point, you just have to say enough is enough."

"What?" Jackson scoff, "No. Y-You have no idea where—"

"L-Look," Holly interrupted, offering him a smile, "your hand just needs more time, okay?"

"Just give your hand rest," Callie added, nodding, "throw yourself into the rehab."

"I've done the rehab!" Jackson outburst, sighing softly as Holly flinched— making him lower his voice, "I-It's been two years... it's done, okay? I'm good enough to operate. I mean, what is this?" He looked at the board members, frowning his brows before he sighed and relaxed his face, sitting back in his chair, "Is this about Mr. Willenstein? That was a routine—"