⇢ CHAPTER 77

season 10 episode 10

"It looks like a fish

"It looks like a fish." Holly admitted, staring at Derek's drawing on the screen as he drew on his tablet.

Ben released a snort and chuckle as Derek scoffed, "No, it's not."

"It kinda is." Ben agreed, turning his head to the right to look at Derek and nodded.

Derek looked back and forth between the screen and his tablet, "No–"

"See, here." Holly pointed, "It looks like a fish's fin and those..." She pointed at the inside of the drawing, "are the scales."

Derek's eyes flickered back and forth before grumbling, "It's a lot more versatile."

"Look," Ben offered a look into the bright side, "it's definitely an improvement, no question."

"Maybe if you have time over lunch, you can look over the proposal." Derek suggested, thinking about adding Warren to their research project as Holly nodded.

"Yeah." She flashed Warren a smile, rising from her seat, "I could get the binder–"

"I wish I could." Ben exhaled lightly, "But I've got back-to-back surgeries."

"Ah." Derek hummed before asking the man as Holly sat back down in her seat, "How's it feel to be back in the anesthesia game?"

"It's fine." Ben shrugged, "Not ideal, but, you know, got a family. You make compromises."

"Yeah," Derek nodded, "Meredith is gonna kill me."

"What?" Ben chuckled as he joked, pointing towards the drawing, "She doesn't like an asymmetrical array?"

"I'm supposed to be downshifting." Derek admitted with a sigh as Holly spun in her chair, trying to alleviate the boredom drowning her, "And she's supposed to be upshifting."

"Ah," Ben remarked, "and yet you find inspiration in toothpaste." He chuckled, "Maybe next time keep it to yourself."

'Do you know if April still needs help getting addresses?' Holly texted Matthew, deciding she'd rather help her sister collect addresses to send wedding invitations than listen to Ben and Derek's old-married-men talk.

'I thought you said you wouldn't help?' Matthew texted back, making Holly squint at her phone as if she was squinting at him.

As she replied, she averted her hearing back to Derek and Ben's conversation, "...kind of struggling lately." Holly's ears perked with interest as she peered away from her phone and slowly set the device down, "She has what, uh, if you squint real hard looks a lot like O.C.D."

Derek brought his head up from his tablet as he frowned his brows, "Bailey?"

"Yeah," Ben cleared his throat, "she had that incident with the hole in the gloves. I knew it freaked her out, but I was away. I didn't know how much it freaked her out."