⇢ CHAPTER 89

A/N : this takes place after the mercy westers come in and holly is still mourning over george— basically in between season 6 episode 7 - season 6 episode 10 :} 

jolly's first valentine's day !

Valentine's Day. Also known as a day to celebrate love and all it's joyful blessings with the ones you love the most.

Holly, growing up a lonely, bullied child in her father's farm, grew to dislike the love-filled holiday— feeling it was a day mostly spent as an excuse for paired up couples to show off their romance to single people, or at least, that's what her sisters, excluding April, did whenever they would be paired off with a suitor.

And that was the truth— until she met George.

George O'Malley, the first ever love of her life which filled it with such beauty and happiness, had laughed in confusion when he realized the cheerful girl despised the holiday— and made it a mission of his to get her to love it when they became a couple.

It was a night filled with dancing, jell-o cups, and studying for George's intern exam— it was perfect, and while Holly still found the idea stupid, she slowly found herself liking the holiday— growing excited for the next one to come to see what George would whip up next.

"George—" Holly laughed, watching as George entered with as many jell-o cups his arms could carry on him, "w-what are you doing?"

"Getting you to love the love day." George grinned, placing the jell-o cups in front of her before striking a pose as he handed her a flower, "Ta-da!"

"We're supposed to be studying for your exam." Holly reminded, bringing the textbook to view as she squinted at him, "This is sabotage."

"This is romance." George corrected, squinting back at her with a smile as he handed her a spoon, "Here— we're gonna eat jell-o and study, and then I'll steal a stereo from Izzie's cubbie and we'll dance."

Holly quirked a brow, "Izzie has a stereo?"

George pursed his lips, "...No..."

"What's got you all down?" Jackson questioned, snapping Holly back to reality as she blinked rapidly before meeting his eyes.

Shaking her head lightly, she cleared her throat as she responded, "Nothing. I just..." She scrunched her nose as she watched the Seattle Grace Mercy West couples gifting each other gifts before she exhaled, "don't like today."

"Don't like today?" Reed scoffed, quirking a brow as she joked, "Who broke your heart and turned your soul dark?"

"Reed..." April shook her head softly, pulling her friend to the side as she attempted to stop her friend from harmful teasing.

"Oh, come on." Charles reasoned, rolling his eyes at Reed as Holly walked away, hoping to talk to Lexie, "You don't even like Valentine's Day either, Reed."