⇢ CHAPTER 36 ; EXTRAS

extras !

"So, Karev," Jackson started as the group walked away from seeing Lexie almost puke from having to treat her patient with warts covering his body, "how old were you your first time?"

"Fifteen." Alex answered, "School nurse, back of her car."

"Fifteen?" Jackson nods as Holly sits down on the chair at the nurse's station, "That's impressive."

"When I was sixteen, she taught me how to drive that same car." Alex continued, making Meredith laugh and Holly pull a face.

Holly cringed, "Ew."

"Sophomore in high school, Paul Waxman," Meredith began, "had absolutely no idea what he was doing."

"Mm." Cristina hummed, placing her head on her palm.

"Junior prom," Jackson shared, "Sarah Richardson and Penny Caraway, together."

Alex whistled and Holly laughed, "No way."

Jackson nodded, "I knew exactly what I was doing."

Cristina frowned her eyebrows, showing the group she didn't believe him before sharing her own story, "Nineteen."

Alex questioned, "Nineteen?"

"Mm-hmm." Cristina confirmed, "I was very focused on my studies. It was my Chem T.A. He was a whole head shorter than me, but..." She clicked her tongue, "man, he was smart."

April, who was uncomfortable throughout the entire conversation, began to walk away until Jackson called out, "Hey, April."

Holly reached over and lightly hit Jackson's arm to tell him to stop as April responded, "I'm not talking about this. It was a private--private memory."

"What happened," Alex asked, "did the guy die?"

Holly rose her hand briefly before playing around with the pen in her hand, "My guy died." 

Meredith glared at Alex, "Alex."

"Oh," Cristina added with a laugh, "did it last, like, three seconds, so you don't know if it counted?"

April scoffed, "No."

Cristina walked to the back of the Nurses Station, "Mm-hmm."

"Uh..." April looked away, trying to come up with a fake moment, "It was on the beach at sunset. It was beautiful."

Meredith and Jackson lightly laughed as Jackson questioned, "Sunset?"

"Yeah." April nodded.

"Really?" He frowned his eyebrows, "Weren't--weren't there people there?"

"Oh, on the beach?" Cristina asked, "Man, you get sand up in places you don't want to get sand."

"Mosquitos." Alex added and Holly noticed April beginning to drown in her lie, "Is she lying, Holly?"