XIV; all hell breaks loose

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢

   Idalia stood and watched wincing every now and then when either Miraz or Peter would hit one another. A little while ago Caspian left abruptly mounting his horse and riding it away quickly. Idalia could only watch him speed away, not knowing what was his plan. It then became clear when he returned with Susan on the horse behind him. Idalia couldn't help but frown yet she washed all emotion off of her features and turned back to the fight.

   The duel went on with a couple of respites, encouraging words from Edmund and Susan for Peter, more injuries and no clear view of who will win. Then Peter stabbed Miraz and the lord fell to his knees. Everyone anticipated that this will be the death of Miraz but Peter hesitated. Then he turned around and handed the sword to Caspian. The young prince stepped forward and held the sword as if to stab Miraz again and end his life. Idalia held her breath as for a moment she thought he was really going to do it. But instead, he stabbed it into the ground right in front of Miraz.

   ''Keep your life,'' Caspian said with venom in his voice. ''But I am giving the Narnians back their kingdom.''

   Idalia smiled. It was over, they've won and Caspian proved himself worthy of a throne in Narnia. She felt immensely proud of him at that moment and she saw it on him too when all Narnians cheered for him. While Narnians started celebrating no one knew what was coming next and they did not expect it. A gasp was heard from the stone path and then the lifeless body of Miraz hit the ground. Idalia squinted her eyes to see better as a familiar arrow stuck out of his back.

   The man who stood above Miraz' body yelled. ''Treachery! They shot him! They murdered our king! To arms.''

   The arrow indeed was one of Susan's arrows with a red tail. It was clear that his own man stabbed Miraz to death but the Telmarine army didn't see that. Panic settled in Idalia as she saw the men retreat and start preparing for the battle. One of the few that remained tried to attack Peter but Caspian warned him and Peter defeated them pretty fast. Idalia walked backwards to join the rest of the Narnians that were standing outside the How. The number was significantly lower than the ones that were prepared underground waiting for the sign to attack.

   The Telmarines started to launch their catapults and the round boulders were hitting near the How making the ground shake and rumble. Idalia looked around at everyone's faces. They knew the plan but some have yet to realise what is going to happen in a matter of moments. Then she laid eyes on Caspian who was just about to mount a horse to descend underground.

   ''Caspian,'' Idalia called out and the prince stopped and turned his head to her.

   She quickened her pace and quickly placed her feet in front of him. In that moment she couldn't remember why she called out to him but she guessed she wanted to have one last moment with him before all hell would break loose.

   ''Be careful,'' Idalia said sternly but mustered up a small smile anyway.

   Caspian was rather shocked but he nodded and didn't move his eyes away from hers. ''You too.''

   The ground shook more and more and both knew the plan had to begin. Idalia stepped forward a bit and leaned up. She pressed a soft and quick kiss to his cheek. She moved away quickly and turned around before she could see his reaction.

   Caspian pressed his fingers softly to his cheek as he stared at her back when she was retreating to her position. He had to shake his head and focus back on the task. He mounted the horse shared a look with Peter and then rode back into the How. The horn rang through the vast space meaning that was the first signal.

   The charging Telmarine army was coming nearer and nearer as each Narnian counted to ten in their heads. When the counting stopped the ground beneath the approaching army started breaking and the soldiers fell into it with their horses. Idalia along with other Narnians raced forward as the smaller part of the army was distracted enough they became an easy target. While Narnians outside the How ran to the enemy along the sides of the gaping hole in the ground, Caspian and the army below emerged from the underground and attacked from behind.

   Idalia's sabre clashed with the soldier's sword before she used her other hand to draw a dagger and stabbed him. Then she quickly whipped around and blocked the blow of another soldier but when he pulled back he surprised her with a slash that he managed to make on her leg. Idalia cried out in pain before she advanced on the soldier and defeated him. The fight went on but they barely realised that another part of the Telmarine army was still approaching them.

   Then Peter yelled. ''Back to the How!''

   Idalia kicked a soldier with her good leg to make herself a chance to escape. She ran as fast as she could but the cut made her a bit slower. She was fast enough to escape the enemy but her face, alongside showing her being exhausted also showed horror. The flying boulders managed to break down the How and cut off Narnians' escape. Now they had no other choice but to fight until they couldn't anymore.

   Idalia turned back around and she exchanged glances with Susan, Peter, Edmund and Caspian. Peter charged first, having the loyalty of his own army, everyone followed him and were soon back in battle. Clashing swords, yells, deep breaths and blood was practically everywhere. Idalia had her back against Kirin so they always had their opponents on their eyes. It proved a very efficient way to fight because Telmarines were coming from each and every way.

   She slashed a soldier before pushing him to fall into the pit. Her eyes followed his falling figure for a moment before she caught someone else falling as well. Her eyes widened when she saw the familiar dark locks of Caspian. She yelled out his name before jumping into the pit. There she finished the fallen soldier who wanted to move before she went to help Caspian. Her feet soon halted when she saw Glozelle aiming a pike at him but he didn't kill him yet, seemingly hesitating about it.

   Then a tree root burst through the earth and grabbed Glozelle hitting him on the ground. Idalia closed the distance and offered a hand to Caspian then pulling him to a standing position. They both stared wide-eyed above them as trees started moving everywhere. Telmarines realised that with the help of nature Narnians were in advantage so they started retreating.

   Caspian looked at Idalia and she looked back at him. They noticed their hands were still locked together and both with a bit of awkwardness released the hold. Then they nodded at each other, as a silent confirmation both were alright, and climbed out of the pit. They ran after the retreating army, who was leading them to the bridge.

   There on the other side stood Lucy with her dagger drawn and Aslan,  standing beside her. Telmarines didn't think any of it and charged forward but they haven't fully registered who they were battling. The water rose breaking down the bridge and having soldiers fall off it. Last one standing was Sopespian, who killed his own king and had the most tendency to rule if Telmarines actually won.

   The army was defeated and Narnians stood in victory while Telmarines handed their weapons to them. 

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢