XXIII; governor and his wife

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢

   Idalia ran back to the docks as fast as her feet could carry her. Once there she had to stop and take a few deep breaths so she would be able to talk. In the moments of adrenaline, she forgot she was still carrying a baby inside her, who to that point hasn't presented an obstacle to her. She couldn't imagine what it would be when her belly will start to grow and she will have to carry around the extra weight. The thoughts of that scared her so she shook her head to clear it.

   She hurriedly told Kirin and Reepicheep what happened and they set a plan immediately. After that Idalia nearly puked as she was starting to feel horribly sick and the whole situation dawned upon her. Nonetheless, she put on a brave face and followed the others with their preparing. That is how now she found herself standing in the middle of the courtyard, her hood pulled up over her head and hiding her face. Her green eyes were scouting the area for any unusual behaviour as her hand was constantly on the handle of a dagger. The Dawn Treader's crew were all around her, disguised as citizens of Doorn as well as they were waiting to reveal themselves at an appropriate time.

   Idalia watched as a wagon full of people rolled down the street. A man ran after it yelling out a name and reaching out as if to grab someone off it. Then a little girl ran after the wagon as well yelling 'mummy'. Idalia tensed and the hand that previously holding the dagger reached to hold her stomach instead. A deep frown appeared on her features as she had this knack to step forward and help.

   Kirin could see her intentions even under the hood, so he reached out as fast and as nonchalantly as he could and grabbed Idalia's forehand to stop her. Idalia sent him a frustrated glare while Kirin merely shook his head and so she stayed put on her spot. She tried to look for the wagon again but it disappeared and she had no idea where they were taking these people. She wondered if they took Caspian to the same place as well.

   Then came an uproar in the crowd as someone pulled Lucy up on the stage and started bargaining for prices. Lucy held fear and confusion in her eyes as she didn't know what was going on, but fear overpowered a little as she was scared she'll actually be sold to someone. Then the slave trader put a card that spelt 'sold' on a string around her neck and moved her off the stage. Lucy frantically looked around until her eyes fell on the familiar deep red fabric of clothing somewhere in the crowd. She froze and kept her eyes on the same figure. Idalia feared she'll give their cover away so she quickly pressed a finger up to her lips and Lucy nodded and stood still waiting. Eustace was up next and he was quite feisty about it, at least he gave a good laugh to the crowd with his stubborn comments.

   Before he could be sold someone yelled ''For Narnia!'' That was the cue for everyone to reveal their cover.

   A bunch of others cried 'Narnia' in unison and pulled off their hoods, Idalia included. She quickly reached behind her back and pulled her sabre out. In the next second, she clashed it with someone else's sabre, considering these were people coming from Calormen. Yet the person's sabre was considerably smaller and Idalia would have laughed if the situation allowed her too. She pushed forward making the man take a few steps back, surprised by her strengths before she slashed his middle when he wasn't blocking it with his weapon.