XXX; final fight

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢

♤ ♧ ♡ ♢

   Idalia felt how Caspian twitched before he froze completely and merely stared at her. Each second that passed his eyes became wider and he began opening and closing his mouth like a fish out of water. Idalia squeezed his hands in hopes to shake him out of the shock. Caspian did seem to regain his feel for surroundings but he was still very much shocked by the news.

   ''Pregnant?''

   Idalia couldn't do much but she nodded confirming that. All of a sudden she began being aware of the uneasy feeling in her stomach and it was not because of the baby inside her. She was scared to the bones, scared of his reaction. And so far it has gone just as she imagined it. Caspian would be shocked then he would freak out and it wouldn't be acceptable for him. From then on she would have to be alone and survive on her own just as she had to for her whole life. As Idalia kept observing her fiancé, his parted lips and quick breathing indicated the surprise but slowly and subtly his lips turned up in a small smile.

   ''Really? You're absolutely serious? You're not pulling a joke on me because of how I've been acting lately? This is real?'' With every question, his smile got bigger.

   Idalia nodded. ''It's very real.'' She whispered.

   In the next moment Caspian picked her up, a joyous laugh escaping him, his arms wrapping around her waist. Idalia chuckled softly as well as he lowered her to the ground and she leaned into him, burying her head into his chest. It went better than she expected. After a few peaceful moments, she leaned back and noticed how Caspian's eyes travelled lowered on her figure and stopped where her baby bump is supposed to be. He moved his hands to it and a shuddered breath escaped him as very subtly the bump was noticeable to a keen eye.

   ''How long?'' he asked.

   Idalia didn't immediately answer as she had to think about it, quite honestly forgetting how many weeks it has been. The voyage dragged on for a while but she knew before then already. ''It'll have to be close to three months now.'' She said quietly, avoiding Caspian's glance.

   He made a sharp intake of breath. ''What? Why haven't you told me sooner?'' His voice held no happiness anymore.

   Idalia sighed and sent him a stern glance. ''Because I didn't want you to worry about it.''

   ''I had just as much right to know the moment you found out, Idalia. It's our baby.'' Caspian let go of her and took a step backwards. His smile was gone and it was instead replaced with a troubled expression, almost as he wanted to be angry with her.

   Idalia could affirm that she was angry with him, he had no right to say that to her. ''Did it hurt you not knowing? Not getting to treat me as if I could break at any time just because I'm pregnant?''

   ''No, but I am sure hurt now since you have been lying to me for three months. Every time I asked you if you are alright you were just masking the pain and lying to me.''