E i g h t e e n | 18

Z a c h

"so," corbyn started as he plopped facedown on my bed, wiggling around to get comfortable. dani entered my room as well, gently pulling off his shoes and setting them by the door.

"is anyone taking you to prom this weekend" he finished, i choked

"i'm sorry what?" it was currently wednesday and somehow i hadn't notice the probably gigantic uproar at school about Prom.

"Prom, Jonah is probably taking Dani and Andrew and i are going together... is jack gonna take you?" corbyn asked i scoffed,

"i doubt it- he's upset at me right now anyway"

"why?" daniel asked,

"because i'm basically grounded from having him over" i grumbled, crossing my arms.

"what?!" corbyn yelled in shock making both me and dani flinch.

"explain please"

"well" i started, scooting around my bad to make room for dani.

"the other night my parent heard us up here, yano- and they don't know him or anything but i have to sleep with my door open for two weeks and dad bolted my window shut"

"why? you're old enough to have your own privacy" dani picked at me.

"yeah i know, it's doesn't matter anyway cause we can still do it at our dorms"  i caught a look of disgust from dani,

"ew, ew TMI! " he groaned.

"so... then why is he mad?" corbyn asked again and i sighed,

"because this is his favorite place to do it for some weird reason. i've asked a million times but he never tells me"

"okay back on topic. maybe you should ask him to
prom"

"uh... no thanks" i laughed nervously, fiddling with the sleeves of one of jacks hoodies. besides, i was still hurt about what happened the other night. he just left me in here crying. but one-sided love or not, i didn't want anyone except jack avery.

"it was just a suggestion" corbyn responded,

"yeah. a bad one" i said.

"sorry"

•••

the next day i stayed close to jack and was sure to point out everytime someone got asked to prom but he just became annoyed.

"aww, j look at them" i cooed watching as a boy who had a baby face and a gorgeous smile got on one knee.

"i guess" he replied in a dry tone, pushing my hand that had grabbed his arm away. i looked down with a slight pout.

"let's go, you'll be late for class" he said, grabbing the rest of the books i need and shutting my locker.

"oh, okay" i said as he began walking towards my class, i followed hurriedly before he could disappear into the crowd.

at lunch i noticed that jonah was nowhere to be seen and dani seemed a little down so i started a rather loud conversation with him asking if he was upset about Prom.

Jack didn't notice, he just continued to pick at his food and stare at his phone. once jonah had shown up with a fabulously fantastic promposal and jack acted blond as a bat, i groaned, getting up and leaving the lunchroom.

after that jack texted me periodically for the rest of the day.

dxddy j 🥵
why are you ignoring me, princess