S e v e n t e e n | 17

smut warning

Z a c h

"Jack what the hell!" i hissed shoving him. he grunted, barely acknowledging me. i poked him harshly.

"Jack, what are you doing here!" i grabbed his shoulders, pulling him up so he was looking at me with bleary lidded eyes.

"mm jus try'n ta sllleeppp" he slurred, his head killing to the side.

"are you drunk?!" i groaned, at hi as he fell against my chest.

"okay, lay down" i grabbed a half empty bottle of water off my dresser and opened it,

"drink" i demanded, holding it to his lips.

"nnnno" jack turned his head, silver hair falling into his face.

"yes, please. you'll feel better" i pleaded.

"no s'not- alwaaaays feel baaad" he pouted and i dropped my head. i never talked to jack about his home life or his feelings. i doubt he'd ever want to...

"i know, i'm sorry, j...can you please drink the water... for me?" i asked, bringing the water back to his lips.

they pinched in a thin line as he looked at me with a look of contemplation.

"you... for you only. you're pretty... like princess" he suddenly gushed, his cheeks tinting red.

i blushed as well and brushed off his comment. he drank the water slowly, pushing it away about halfway through.

"don't want anymore" he whined and i sighed, placing the bottle back on my night stand.

"okay, i won't give you anymore" i reassured him, patting his chest. he just sloppily wiped the water that had dribbled down his chin away as i glanced around my room, my eyebrows furrowed as i turned back to him and got his attention.

"jack, how did you even get in here?"

"mm? through window- silly" his speech had cleared up and now he sounded more like a 5 year old.

"of course. alright, you stay right here, and get some sleep. i'll be right back." i said to him as i stood.

"what? no leave me. ev'ryone always leave me"

"im just going to go change- it'll only take a minute" i replied, ignoring the harsh squeeze my heart had when he spoke.

"promise?" he whispered almost shyly.

"i promise." even though i doubted he had any concept of time, i still rushed to
change into simpler clothes i could sleep in.

when i opened my bathroom door and peeked back into my room, i almost had a heart attack upon finding the bed empty.

"jack!" i stage-whispered. i immediately rushed to the door when i saw it hanging open.

there was the half-drunk man, stumbling blindly down the hall.

"jack, come back here!" i whispered loudly as i rushed over to him before he could probably injure himself on the stairs.

"where are you going?"

"i'm hungry" he said simply, patting his stomach. i sighed, leaning over for a moment before standing up straight and grabbing his hand to help him down the stairs.

quietly we went i to the kitchen where i threw together a grilled cheese because what else do you eat as a late night snack.

he refused to sit at the table or in the kitchen to eat and was the one to drag me back up the stairs to my room.