eight

It had been a week since Ashton went to the army. I didn't do anything all day, that was probably the most unproductive week I've been through. I didn't go to class (which I rarely did), I didn't answer any texts or calls, because I knew that Ashton wouldn't be on the other line. I just didn't know what to do without him here. It was like my life depended on him. Without him, everything was just so dull and empty.

Every morning I woke up with no one beside me, no one gave me hugs and no one kissed me goodnight, and the worst of all; no one was there to make me smile.

This morning was just like the previous seven. I woke up feeling lonely, I took a shower feeling lonely, I ate breakfast feeling lonely. I felt lonely all the time and I didn't know what to do against it. I knew that I should answer Lauren's texts but I just couldn't get myself to actually do it, she was probably worried and I was sorry about that but I just somehow didn't want to see anyone for a little while.

I was sitting on the couch, watching the first season of Gossip Girl all over again, even though I knew every episode by heart but that didn't stop me from watching it. At least I could stop thinking and worrying about Ashton for a few hours. Of course, I knew that it wasn't healthy to think about him all the day but I just couldn't stop myself. I loved him way too much.

It didn't take long for me to get bored of watching TV, so I turned it off and just stared at the black screen. Was it going to be like this the whole time Ashton was gone? If yes, then it'd be the living hell for me. I didn't have anything to do (well, actually I did but I just didn't want to do anything) and just hung around in the living room. I didn't even bother to put on normal clothes, I just walked around with Ashton's oversized sweatshirts, that still smelled like him.

After staring at the black TV screen for five more minutes I finally got up and checked my phone, I had 10 missed calls and 23 unread messages, most of them were from Lauren but I was surprised to see that a few of them were from Calum.

Calum: mireeeeellleeee

Calum: heeey

Calum: go answer your phone, m

Calum: :(

Calum: okay nvm i'm just gonna come over

I didn't even have time to look in the mirror because in that second the front door bell rang. I slowly walked to the door and opened it. Calum stood there, dressed in all black, with a bouqet of flowers in his hand.

"Hey, Mirelle." He grinned and hugged me tightly.

"Hey, Cal." I answered confused, hugging him back.

He slowly let go of me and handed the flowers to me. "These are for you. Since Ashton is gone, I thought you could need a little life in your apartment."

"They're beautiful, thank you so much but you really didn't have to." I said, searching for a vase to put the flowers into.

Calum followed me in the kitchen and looked around, like he had never been here before. "It all still looks the same." He mumbled, more to himself but I still heard it.

"Just because Ashton is not here, doesn't mean I'll change everything. He put so much thought into all of this here and I'm not going to ruin it." I said, finally finding a vase which was big enough and poured some cold water in it. I put the flowers inside and walked into the living room, placing them on the table.

"Do you always open the door like that?" Calum asked, eyeing me carefully.

"Like what?" I wondered and looked down my body, realizing I wasn't wearing any pants. I didn't think about putting some on this morning, since I thought no one would come over.

"Oh, shit. I'm sorry, I'm gonna go change." I blushed and hurried into the bedroom. I picked out some black leggins and quickly slid them on.

"You know, you didn't have to change." Calum grinned, amused by my embarrassment as I joined him on the couch a few seconds later.

"Of course I did, I just didn't think about putting pants since I thought I'd be alone the whole day." I sighed, looking at Calum.

"Yeah, sorry for just barging in but me and the others haven't heard of you in like a week, we've just been worried. For the first few days we thought we should give you some space but then after five days you still weren't answering any calls oder messages so I just decided to come over." Calum smiled.

"Yeah, I'm sorry for that. I just couldn't get myself to actually do it. Sorry for worrying you, that really wasn't my intention." I sighed, hugging my legs.

"M, it's fine. I think I would have done the same." Calum reasured me, drawing circles on my back.

"But you should really call Lauren back, she almost went crazy." He chuckled, removing his hand from my body.

"I'll do that later." I nodded in agreement and stared at my feet. "So, what do you want to do?"

"I don't care, you choose." He answered, looking at me.

I sighed again. "Maybe go for a walk? I've been stuck in this apartment for the past week and I think I could need some fresh air." I suggested.

Calum nodded, getting up from the couch to put on his shoes and jacket.

I quickly followed him and put on my black vans and my coat. I grabbed the keys and stepped outside in the fresh air. It was kind of warm outside, but not warm enough to walk around without a coat.

I locked the door behind us and started to walk down the driveway. "Where are we gonna go?" Calum asked, hands hiding in his pocket. I just shrugged. "Whereever our feet may take us."

-

oh god i'm so so so so so sorry for this crappy short chapter i had some kind of writers block and school was just so stressful but i'll try to update more regularly now okay

also what do you want to happen or what do you think is going to happen next??