Contest Loser

~This is the first chapter:) I really hope you like it! Vote, Comment, or Vote if you liked it and stuff:) Love You!~

~Dawns POV~

I woke up this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed -I Know, I'm cheesy-,but you would be as happy as I was when you have the chance to win a contest to see the amazing people you have loved -stalked- for two years! Me and my mum Lisa left to the contest store at 9:00 and the contest began at 10:00. We were so close already. 

"Mum hurry! we need to find the golden rod!" I yelled at my mum, searching through a pile of clothes. This contest in my last option to meet my loves. The last thing on the list in a golden rod.

"I'm trying my hardest... Wait look!" I followed where she pointed and saw it -the rod. Right when I took one step forward a girl ran to it and jumped for joy. i recognized that face. ERIKA!! -Ex best friend who always tries to do better than me-

"Come on mum, lets just go." I walked out of the store, out of the mall and towards my black Honda Accord. 

"I'm sorry sweet heart!" I hear my mum call behind me. This scavenger hunt was the last thing to get me to my dream - To go to London and meet One Direction. Erika won, how Unbelievable!

When I got into the car all my built up emotions flew out. Sobbing on the steering wheel my mum hope in. 

"Dawn... It's okay." she said trying to comfort me. Rubbing circles on my back, I shook my head 'No' .

"No mum, it's not! This was the on thing I wanted the most and she snatched it up from me! Just like all the other times!" 

*Flashback*

"Hey babe, Whats up?" I asked Johna -My boyfriend-. 

"Oh nothing, just chilling at home..." He answered, in the back though I heard a girls voice whine,

"Jonnaaahhhh, come back to bed with me!"

"Who was that?" Asking, but already thinking of who it was.

"No one. I think you're hearing things, babe. I should let you go and rest."

"No i'm not "hearing" things! Who was that Johna!" At this point my shouting began. My heart was beating fast and tears where already forming.

"...I-It's Erika, DawnIt'sNotWhatYouThi-" He rambled before I hung up. My beating heart felt like it was about to explode. The tears that formed flowed down my cheeks like a river. 'I can't believe her!' My mind shouted. 'My Best Friend!' 

*End of Flashback*

Thinking of Johna made me cry even worse. I let my mum dry my tears, but it did'nt help. 

After what seemed like forever, I finally quit crying and started the car. We made the usual turns and stops to get to my house. Once there I parked and ran up the stairs, after unlocking the door. My mum came in the house and shut the door, while I jumped onto my bed face first. Laying there I let my eyes close. Sleep was taking over, but a load 'BEEP' jolted me awake. Looking for the sound, I realized it was my laptop. Someone is Skyping me? I typed in my password and looked at who wanted to chat. 'Erika?!?' My mind spat. I thought about ignoring the call, but it interested me to much to not see if she was going to rub it in my face. 

"What?" I answered when I cleaned my face. 

"Oh i just wanted to see if you were upset." She said with her raspy voice and sly smile. 'Just as I thought' 

"No actually, I'm fine." I smiled, "I did'nt want to really win anyways." Aren't my acting skills amazing? My smile never faltered, not even a tad bit! 

The sly smile faded into scolding. 

"That's not what I heard." Erika said while raising both her eyebrows.

"Well I'm sorry that you were miss informed Erika, but I'm busy right now. " Seeing her angry face, I smiled and end the call. "SLEEP!" I yelled as I jump back into my purple covered bed. 

~Erika's POV~

'That Bitch!' I screamed in my head as she ended the call on me. I know she is jealous that I won and she did'nt.

"Erika, what are you doin'?" My second oldest brother Luke asked. The list of things for the scavenger hunt was out, so I was putting it away.

"Nothing..."

"What's that?" He asked as he took it away. Luke was always the most nosiest out of him and Jai.

"Luke give it back!" I shouted, standing on my tippy toes, trying to get it back.

"Erika, why does it have the places where you can find these things at?" No! 'Come on Erika, think fast.' 

"Because... I - I wrote them down as I went." I lied. "Now give it back!"  He still held it over his head. 'Damn my shortness!' 

"This is'nt even your hand writing Erika! It's all sloppy and crappy." If he keeps putting pieces together, he's going to find out!

"I can write sloppy when I want!" Still shouting.

"Wait... Whats on the back?!" He flipped it over. I made a mental note to kill Daniel for writing a letter to me on the back of it. 

"Erika..." He read along with the words on the paper. " Here is the list you wanted. You will find these things with my directions. I know you going to win. Call me. WINKY FACE!?!" 'F ME' 

"Luke it's not what your thinking!" Reassuring him.

"What do you mean "It's not what I think?!" It's exactly what I think!" He shouted putting air quotes around my words. "Erika Ann Brooks! You are a cheater!" I cringed at the way he said my name. My face turned from a light shad of pink to fire truck red. 

"Luke your so wrong about tha-"

"No! I just can't believe you're my sister." The last words stung. With that said, he took the list and left. 

"Shit..." What have I done? All this, to be better than her and look what happened...

~Luke's POV~

I went a little over board, but she needed it. 

Walking out the door I drove to the contest store to turn in my own little sister.

"Um... Is the manager in?" Walking into the store, I asked folding the list. 

Yes, one moment, please." The brunette cashier said, and walked into the back room

Looking around at my surroundings, I thought to my self 'Ugh girls...' Clothes, shoes, jewelry, make-up where everywhere.  

"Sir..?" I turned back around to see a middle aged woman with few grey hairs and light skin tone. 

"Yes, were you the one that put the contest together?" I asked folding the list over again. 

"Yes sir... Why do you ask?" I looked down at the folded list and looked back up.

"My sister Erika Brooks won, but this proves that she cheated." Folding the list once more I nervously gave it to her. 

I know it was the right decision, but it felt so wrong. 

~Hello Lovie Dovies! :) This is a new Fanfic I'm going to write since I don't like the first one I'm doing. :D I really think this one is going to be good, because I'm actually planning things out and stuff:P Anyways... I would love it if you Vote or Comment and or fan:) I fan back! Otay... Love you, Bye \(•o•)/ <<<<< ~Good Bye Hug<<<<<