A race to a new beginning.

~Hope you like it! J -Gina~

~Niall’s POV~                      (NOT EDITED)

“WOOOOOO! Go Lycia!” Dawn and I were stood at the gate of the track, it was the last lap that the racers had to take and Lycia was in the lead. Behind Lycia was Zayn and followed by Zayn was that guy Ly was talking to who Dawn said his name was Aaron.

“Come on Zayn! Let’s go!” I do realize that racing is very dangerous, but no one really knows that I’ve been doing it since I was fourteen.

“Look! Look! Niall she’s almost to the finish line!” Dawn said excitedly, tugging on my arm. She was so happy and excited. Every time they passed by us Dawn would jump up and down pointing an laughing, acting as though she was a child. I can say that she looked undeniably cute. Her hair was swishing in the wind and the make-up that she had applied made her look even more stunning then she did before. I usually don’t like girls who put make-up on but she looked so incredible. “What?” I got pulled out of my thoughts by Dawn staring at me, looking at me questioningly.

“Uh hmmm?” Was my brilliant response.

“You were staring at me like there was something on my face… Do I have something on my face?!” Her hands went to her face, rubbing her cheeks and around her eyes.

“No, nothing. I was just looking at your make up…” I pulled her hands down as she looked at me like I was a mad man.

“My make-up? Oh, my make-up.” Realization came onto her facial features. “Yeah, Lycia did it for me. Does it look bad?”

“No not at al-“

“O My GOSH! Lycia won! Ahhhhh!” She screamed and jumped up and down hugging me. We laughed and headed down to where they were setting their bikes.

“Ey mate. Losing to a girl doesn’t suit you well.” I joked with Zayn.

“Hey! That’s not fair she kept getting in my zone! I should have won.” He pouts as Dawn and Lycia come our way.

“Hey Zayn, how does it feel to lose to your girlfriend.” Dawn laughs after she asked her question.

“Dawn, it’s better than what you can do!” He retorts as Lycia laughs and goes to hug him.

 “Babe she doesn’t know how to ride, of course she can’t beat you. But if she learned I bet she can.” With a wink to Dawn, Lycia and Zayn walk away with Zayn trying to convince her that he let her win. Not at all convincing her though.

“You know, I learned how to ride when I was about twelve. Then I stopped…” Her face fell a little. Absentmindedly I wrapped her in my arms and asked,

“Why’d you stop?”

“Because stuff happened. I do want to get back on the bike, but I’m a little afraid.”

“Well how about we get you back on it. I’ll be right by your side when you do.” She looked up at me and smiled.

“I’d like that.”

An hour latter me and Dawn are back in the house watching the telly. She mumbles something incoherent and starts to drifts of to sleep.

“Dawn. Let’s go up to your room.” She shakes her head ‘No’ and leans against my shoulder. Her head falling on my chest. “I guess…” I heaved her up into a bridal position and took her to her bedroom. Pulling the blankets up. I tucked her in and kissed her on the forehead.

“Goodnight Dawn.”

“Night Ni.” I turn back to her with a shock.

“You were awake the whole time?!” She grinned and nodded her head. “Sneaky little one, you are.” She giggled and closed her eyes again.