heavens arena arc ❚ lesson ✕ realization ✕ bonds

.

The blonde waited at the entrance of the arena for her "little brother", who had decided to pay a visit to Hisoka's adversary. She didn't really see the need, but the kid was rather set on it--to assess his level of ability himself, she suspected--and it wasn't like she couldn't keep track of him, so...

The only mistake Killua made, though, was using Zetsu when he was already too close to the man. Nen masters usually had a keen sense of perception, thus feeling someone literally disappear from their radar would of course make them suspicious. She didn't feel any kind of hostile aura coming from Kastro's general direction, so she deemed it fine.

«Are you done scouting?» she asked, feeling the kid approaching her even before he dropped his Zetsu.

He looked up at her, mildly frustrated. «How's that I can't sneak up to anyone today?!»

«That, Kil, is one of the reasons why you're still a beginner at nen.» The woman chuckled, flicking the younger assassin's forehead lightly. She almost laughed at his scandalized expression as he covered the offended point with his hand. «Keep it in mind, for each technique you use there's always a way to counter it. To detect the ones who hide their presence or aura, there are a few different techniques one could use.»

«A few... different techniques?»

Despite his annoyance, Killua found himself taken by the new information. Maybe Gon wasn't so wrong in his suggestion.

«Yes. You'll see what I mean at the match, but... you might not be at that point yet.» the woman commented, having the younger assassin frown at her words. «Say, has your teacher already explained about advanced techniques?»

«No, he hasn't. We're still going over Ten and Zetsu.»

«Hmm...» Eirene paused, tipping her chin with her index while her eyes wandered again (could she? Ohh, she totally could). A grin blossomed on her face as she looked back to Killua again. «Well, time to give you a little extra lesson then.»

.

.

.

Hisoka and Kastro stood before each other on the ring, the audience that crowded the bleachers shouting encouragement and hollering to begin the fight already. It was rather migraine-inducing, but nothing less was to be expected.

The two assassins were at their seats, half-listening to the commentator's usual greetings and introduction.

«Try to pour all of your aura in your eyes, Kil. Go slow, so that you don't accidentally hurt yourself in the process.» Eirene told him there and then. He felt her aura surround him like a cloud, chilly but protective. «I'll cover you while you do that, so focus on the task.»

Feeling oddly comfortable in her nen bubble, he tried to follow the instruction he was given, taking deep breaths and steering his aura in the right direction. It was rather vexing for a first timer, but if there was something he got from the family business training was to bear with it.

It took him a few minutes and an ungodly amount of concentration, but as his aura poured little by little in his eyes, the world began to feel different: it was an odd sensation in the beginning and yet, as he grew accustomed to it, his surroundings became clearer and at the same time heavier.

His vision and senses were processing a lot more than before--the auras from the people surrounding him in the arena were small and fragile in comparison to the two fighter's on the ring. He turned to Eirene, his mouth slightly agape, and he also noticed the teal colored aura shining in her eyes.

«That's called Gyo. It allows you to see what's otherwise hidden by concentrating a good portion of your aura in a part of your body.» she explained, a smug-and-proud expression on her face. «You're doing good with it, but be careful. If you feel like you can't continue, stop for the moment. Keeping it up requires a lot of focus and the aura flow must be constant, so it's harder on you since you haven't mastered Ren yet.»