heavens arena arc ❚ arena ✕ raisa ✕ dance

.

It took her a little over a week to travel from Adalheid to the Heavens Arena, mostly because she used some of her deserved "vacation time". 

After separating from Illumi and Yvan, she got her phone back and contacted Zeno to update him about her current situation. He didn't seem as surprised as an unknowing man should have been--but then again, when was Zeno unknowing?

He told her that he expected some kind of development in her nen, sooner or later. The nature of her ability itself appeared to be bending ever so slightly, which naturally brought new situations at hand. 

Sure enough, she'd have to go back sometime to actually test it out with her mentor, but both of them already had a vague idea about what the change could be, apparently.

At any rate, Eirene got her pass to get some time for herself, to destress and focus more about her most recent development. Meditation had always been a good method to grow aware of the changes in one's spirit and body.

But first, she decided to go on a little shopping spree, both for herself and the Zoldycks.

The shops around the area had a good reputation for the quality of their products. Jewelry, clothes, food--except, she wouldn't really send food of unknown origins to a family of assassins, even if they would definitely survive whatever poison got thrown in their way--and various kinds of accessories for hair and so on.

Her eyes had scanned each and every window that held something that might interest the members of the assassin family before deciding on what to buy. It might have been a quirky whim, but she felt like doing something like that anyway. 

Once she was satisfied, she sent the packages on their way to Kukuroo Mountain.

To be honest, she felt oddly light, despite everything.

Maybe it was the fact that she managed to close that door on her past with her own hands, maybe it was the knowledge she (probably) no longer needed someone else to keep her bloodlust in check. She hoped, at least.

Maybe it's the awareness of being completely in control, from now on.

She spent her traveling hours meditating in her assigned room, carving her way down her own consciousness with claws and teeth.

.

.

.

The waiting line at the entrance of the arena was something she was never happy to see.

With the ever growing number of applicants, the Heavens Arena would become a more and more popular place for fighters and people in search for a way to make money alike. It was no surprise people gambled and placed bets on each round, even outside the "legal" ways.

The woman bypassed the line, walking straight up to the reception reserved for the fighters already signed up to the arena. The place was considerably less crowded than the other.

«Good morning, Miss. How may I help you?» the clerk girl asked politely when she was close enough to hear.

«Key number 2266, if you would. I want to take a shower before signing up for a match.»

«Ah, sure! Let me just check--Oh!» The girl paused, eyes going wider as she read the name assigned to the room. She shot up from her seat and scrambled for the room key archive.

It wasn't unusual that fighters left the tower for long periods of time, even if never over the time limit between the mandatory matches. 

Eirene herself, despite being an habitual fighter, often left her room keys to the clerks. It actually happened more often than not, since she mostly stayed at the arena for a few days just to have her match and renew her rights on her personal room for three more months.