ஐ Chapter 14

***** UPDATED!!!! EDITED!!!******

The Twilight Saga: Firelight

Bella's POV

Chapter 14: The Dress

******

“Alice! I said no pink,” I hissed at her. She gave me a death glare, and started pouting. Did she seriously think that would work? “Alice, no!” I told her. I can’t believe she wanted to dress me up in a pink dress, even after I told her no. She sighed, but put the dress back. “Fine,” she muttered.

Oh how I loved her, she was my best friend- correction my vampire best friend. We’ve had some fun times together, except all the Barbie Bella dress up times… not really fun for me, but at least it makes her happy! “How about this one, Bella?” Alice asked from the end of the hall.

I followed the sound of her voice, and found her holding up a beautiful dress. It was simple, but it looked amazing. It was mermaid like, and strapless. It curved out at the knees, but knowing Alice she’ll probably spice it up a big, make it look more breath taking. It was just her thing.

“Wow, that’s beautiful,” I whispered to myself. I could actually see myself wearing that on my wedding day, maybe this one was the one? After all the dresses I tried on, I was just glad it was almost over. Alice smiled at me; “You have to try it on,” I sighed. Of course I have to try it on. She would make me try on every single dress in the store just to find the right one. And if she didn’t like it, then that was it.

I silently went back to the room, and started striping. Alice, Rose, and Esme were kicked out into the waiting room. They had to wait until I came out and showed them; Alice Hayden was with me, she got me into the dress, but I didn’t really pay any attention. I was mostly thinking.

I was thinking about him of course. What would he be doing? I missed him so much, I couldn’t stand to be apart from him, it just hurt to imagine. I hoped he was okay! Wait, what was wrong with me? I haven’t even been gone an hour and I’m already in pain?

“Bella?” Alice Hayden asked. She kept on repeating it over and over, but I ignored her. “Bella!” She finally shouted at me, while gripping my wrist. She let go real fast though, the joys of the vampire skin! “Your hand is so cold,” she muttered to me, looking all concerned.

Just great! This is exactly what I needed. “I’m sorry, I wasn’t really paying attention,” I looked at her face for a quick second, before I turned to face the mirror. My first reaction  was who was she? That couldn’t be me! As much as I wanted to think that, sadly it was, I was simple breath taking, and I knew every guy probably even the girls would be all over me.

“This Is the dress,” I muttered to myself like an idiot. I didn’t care; Alice Hayden was staring at the mirror with me, she was smiling. “Do you want to show the others?”  Let me think that one through, yes! “Sure,” I said to her, trying to be nice.

She opened the door, and the first thing I was saw Esme’s face. She looked as if in tears, I didn’t bother to look at anyone else’s face. I just went to the middle, and turned to the mirror; everyone went silent for a while, they all just stared at me.

“Wow,” Alice muttered, and then said “Oh my gosh,” Esme just kept saying, “Beautiful,” and “Breath taking”. Rosalie on the other hand, was a bit different. She wasn’t saying anything. She just stared at me with wide eyes. I decided to ignore her. “This, is the one,” I told them, and they went silent again.

What was up with the silence? I decided not to let it bother me, they liked the dress, and I loved the dress, I just hoped Edward like it; Alice Hayden took me back to the room to take the dress off, once I took it off I went back to my family and to the front of the store.  

“Hey Bella-“Alice started to say, but I already knew what she was going to ask. To add stuff to the dress, to make it look even better than it did. I sighed, rubbing my temples. “Alice, you already know the answer, and even if I said no you’d bother me until I said yes,” I said. “You don’t have to ask, all I need is a dress for the big night, and It’s as simple as that. I don’t care what you do to it, because I really don’t even mind not wearing a dress, I’d wear sneakers and jeans and I’d be fine,”

Alice Hayden came back, and took us to the cashier. “Okay, are you sure this is the dress? You can anyways change it and come back if you’d like,” She asked me. I just nodded my head at her. This was the dress, I was certain. “Your total comes to $10,346,”

I blanked out then, into my thoughts; before I even knew what was happening, we were driving into the laneway. How did we even get here? I guess I was too busy thinking to realize. I opened my door, and started walking to the porch, when something caught my eye.

I stopped where I was, and turned my attention to the forest. Something was out there, I knew it. In a matter of seconds Edward was by my side, his hands on my waist. I could feel how tense he was, he held me tight, like he never wanted to let go. I knew he only did that if there was danger. But what?