Ch. 8-Frustration

Hahaha! Foolish teacher! I'm in the library right now and at first I was doing work but my ride still isn't here so I'm writing more of this chapter. Some teacher guy, IDK!, asked me, "Are you doing work?" MUHAHAHA! I nodded of course and so far he hasn't come over to me.

Isn't my life randomly awesome?

******************************************

In the book, I saw a person who looked like me. Her hair was longer than mine and her bone structure was more defined but the woman still looked like she could be related to me. There was a white lily crown around her hair and she was wearing a purple robe. "W-who is she," I asked and Thanos looked around. "They're staring at you. Why," Thanos asked.

I looked back and the water users were looking at our table. "I don't know. Maybe they're staring at you," I said and Thanos put the book in his bag. "Can we go? This is weird enough already," Selene said. "That would be best," Thanos said and stood up. Dalton stood up next and helped Selene up.

I looked back and the shape shifters were looking at me. What was everyone's problem? I ignored the stares as the four of us walked toward Thanos and Dalton's room.   Thanos handed me the book after saying, "Be careful. If this is what I think it is, the book will hurt you." I took the book hesatintly and looked around the room.

I opened it to the page before and looked back at Thanos. "What now," I asked. "I don't know. Stare at the page. Maybe you'll recognize something," he said. "Have a seat over here. We can't have you passing out again, can we," Dalton asked and I made my way toward Dalton's bed.

When I sat down I tried to concentrate on the picture. "Now what," I asked. "We aren't the ones with a picture in a crazy book. The book doesn't even have a lot of words," Selene said. I thumbed through the book and Selene was right. Most of the pages were blank and that confused me even more. "Where did you find this book again," I asked. "In the disciplinarian's office. She wanted to see me because apparently a girl died. I didn't catch the details but everyone points fingers at us when someone dies," Thanos said.

"Did you hear anything about that," Selene asked me. "Yeah," I admitted, "I saw the body and everything." Dalton whistled and said, "That must have been a sight. She was the transporter girl right? I wasn't sure if that would happen so soon but I guess it had to happen eventually." I stared at Dalton in disbelief and asked, "If you knew she was about to die, why didn't you say anything?"

Dalton stared at the wall for a long time before saying, "Would you tell a sick child that there is no hope for them? You might tell the parents of the child to be prepared for the worse but there is always a slim chance for them to live. In my case I have never been wrong. It's just easier to not say anything and let that person enjoy their life as they normally would."

I touched Dalton's arm and said, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it like that." "Yeah you did but that doesn't matter. I want to find out why you're in that book," Selene said and walked toward me before snatching the book out of my hand.  "Selene you don't know what you're doing," Thanos warned and Selene rolled her eyes. "A book has never hurt me before. What can I risk now," she asked and the book started to sizzle.

"I-is that normal," I asked. Selene continued to stare at the book and I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I bent over but had enough energy to look up at Selene. She was mumbling something but her eyes were dark. Thanos looked over Selene's shoulders and then looked my way. "Does it hurt you a lot," he asked and I nodded. I chocked on something and coughed up blood.

Dalton rubbed my back and I felt worse every second. "Done," Selene said and dropped the book that had smoke coming from the cover. I started to control my breathing and swallowed down any blood that was trying to come up. Selene walked back to the bean bag and put her face in her hands. "What was it," Dalton asked. "A personal journal belonging to Amira. I could get past a lot of barriers but it had a strong spell on it," Selene said and I reached for the book. "It's...mine," I said more like a question.