Ch. 20-Hatred

The stranger ties something around my eyes and sticks something in my mouth. What’s going on? Who would want to capture me like this? The stranger is holding my hands behind my back so I’m really confused. Why is he trying to make sure that my senses are no use to me? I can hear us getting farther from the werewolf crowd and I finally hear a door being opened slowly.

                 “Now if you behave, I’m sure the boss will be happy,” the stranger finally says after the long walk. What type of situation have I gotten myself into? I’m pushed onto the floor and I didn’t have enough time to use my hands to blow the fall. Thanks for the warning, kidnapper.

                “That will be all. Thank you,” someone says. I know that voice. Why do I know that voice? I hear a door slam and footsteps come toward me.

                 “Hello Amira,” someone says and raises my blindfold. My mouth drops as I see its Michael. What the heck is going on here? Michael tilts my chin and before I can respond, he kisses me. I keep my lips tight and Michael pulls back.

                 “What’s wrong,” he asks with a smirk. That jerk! How could Michael just kiss me?

                 “You can’t just kidnap and then kiss people,” I say and try to crawl back. Michael grabs my arm and pulls me closer. What does he plan on doing?

                  “I think I can, Amira. You see, I’ve wanted you to myself for a long time. You probably don’t remember but we were lovers for a while,” he says and my jaw drops. Lovers?

                  “That’s…that’s not true. It can’t be. Thanos said-” I begin but Michael interrupts.

                  “That you never had sex with him? That’s true. We did. We were serious about each other Amira. After you got hurt from leveling up, I was there every day. I wasn’t there the moment you woke up because my angels were panicking. I had to leave you on that one day. I’m so sorry,” he says and tries to kiss me again. No this is wrong. I push Michael back and see the confusion there. “What’s wrong,” he asks. What’s wrong? Michael has got to be joking.

                   “I don’t love you! Listen, I don’t know and I don’t care how you may or may not have had….relations with me before but I love Thanos now. If I ever get my memories back, I’ll probably still love Thanos. He’s different now and I love him for that. Michael you’re a great friend but this can never work between us,” I explain. Michael chuckles and I’m left confused. Maybe I didn’t explain myself enough.

                   “You said that the last time. Poor Amira, you should have just come with me. I could have given you everything. I’m the one who caused you to get hurt in the first place,” Michael says before standing up. What?

                    “I told you she wouldn’t listen to your lies,” someone says. I look to my right and see Lucy walking toward Michael. Lucy snakes her arm around Michael’s waist. Hold on. I’m very confused.

                   “Can someone tell me what in the world is going on,” I ask and stand up. Michael exchanges glances with Lucy and gives her a French kiss. My mouth drops and I suddenly feel sick.

                    How many girls can he kiss in five minutes? Well…that question could also be applied to Thanos but he’s changed now. Right? When they finally pull back from each other’s lips, Michael looks down at me.

                    “What’s going on is that I lied. I lied to you then to earn your friendship, and I was hoping to lie to you now. Oh well. I had a backup plan both times,” he says.