Ch. 6-Annoyance

"Wake up," someone exclaimed and I jumped up. I heard a few kids laugh and as I looked around, I realized I was in class. "Please have a seat Ms. Amira," the teacher said and I quickly sat down. I looked toward the window and felt someone touch my leg. When I looked over Thanos was shaking his head lightly. I rolled my eyes and got comfortable again.

Even though my sleep was peaceful, I kept waking up during the night. "You should really try to stay awake. Find a distraction, a handsome distraction," Thanos said. "Sure. When you see a Greek god let me know," I said and sat up. When class ended I was happy in more ways than one that it was time for lunch.

"Having trouble staying awake," Selene teased. "Laugh it up now. I'm having a really bad headache and no, for the last time Thanos it is not my time of the month," I said. I looked over and saw defeat in his facial expressions. "Well it wouldn't kill you to smile, Amira," Dalton said. I sighed in annoyance and walked through the cafeteria doors.

I put on a fake smile and turned around. "Is this better," I asked and bumped into someone. "Sorry," I mumbled quickly and turned around. "It's alright. No harm no foul," Michael said with a smile. "I haven't seen you around much," I said and looked Michael over. "I guess that's a problem. I enjoy talking to you. Meet me after lunch," he asked.

"Sorry, I can't. How about after class on the bench," I suggested. Michael kissed my hand and said, "It's a date." Michael walked toward his group and I found myself staring. Someone snapped fingers in front of my face. "Earth to Amira. Is someone there," Selene asked. "Not likely," Thanos said before looking around.

"If you do something inappropriate in public, the whole school will know," Dalton said. "First of all gross. Secondly I have common sense," I said and Selene studied me. "What," I snapped. "If you don't calm down, the people in charge will make you take medication like me. Trust me, the process isn't pleasant," Selene said.

I really didn't know why I was so snappish today. I got shepherd's pie today and ate quickly. "Library still on," I asked. "Not for me. I have to do bonus work," Dalton said. "I have to go in for testing. I hate it when they do surprise checkups," Selene mumbled. That means I was stuck with him. I turned to face the amused person in front of me who was chewing slowly.

"This will be fun," he commented. I quickly finished eating and walked out of the cafeteria alone. Why was I always getting stuck with him? Thanos wasn't bad company but this is starting to get on my nerves. It was no wonder that Selene thought I had a thing for him, which I didn't. I heard footsteps behind me but didn't need to look back.

"Missed me," Thanos asked while catching up to me. "As much as I miss my pet rock," I said plainly. "Don't worry. Eventually I move up to be your imaginary friend," Thanos said with a smirk. "Are you trying to be nice to me or make me want to punch you," I asked. "A little of both. I'm not a person to dislike physical contact," he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Want to do me a favor," he asked. "Why not," I said and Thanos grabbed my hand. I didn't have time to scream because Thanos pulled me into a closet. "What are you doing," I demanded. "Go with it and I'll tell you later," he said and smashed his lips on mine. My eyes widened as Thanos wrapped his arms around my waist.

The door opened suddenly and I heard someone gasp. "Thanos what are you doing! Who's she? I thought we were together," a girl with a high pitched voice said. Thanos pulled back to sigh. "Girl number whatever we were never together. That was just a two night fling. If I had it my way it would have only been a one night thing but I could never refuse a naked girl on my bed," Thanos said.

Thanos hid me from the girl but I could hear enough to know that she was crying. "I-I loved you! I thought we could make something work," the girl said through tears. Thanos pulled me closer and said, "I'm busy and just so you know, you weren't that good the first time." Thanos started to kiss me again and he moved my arms around his neck. I heard the girl run down the hall crying and I pushed Thanos back.