Ch. 18-Love

"You’re what,” I ask as Thanos takes deep breaths. I know that he is trying to ease the pain, but true got to know for sure. Knowing Thanos, he’ll probably take of back. I’m excited deep down in a twisted way because Thanos had to tell the truth. Is that twisted? I’m not sure but I want to know the truth.

             “Just drop it it Amira,” Thanos says without looking my way. Oh my gosh. He loves me. Just in case I can never work up the courage again I should just say if now. What can go wrong? At least I can say I died after confessing to a guy that I love.

            “I love you too,” I whisper and look at Thanos. His expression is cold as usual and I feel crushed. Of course Thanos is refusing to look at me. Did I say something wrong? How could I? Thanos just said that he loves me and it couldn’t be a lie. Could it? Maybe Thanos’s is more powerful than he looks.

            “Next question, Emily,” Thanos demands and snaps me to the present. Emily-I mean Ms. Strait looks my way with excitement in her eyes.

            “I can use you to further our research here. So exciting!” Ms. Strict exclaims and that sends another wave of nausea through me. I really hope that I don’t vomit in Ms. Strict’s office.

             “We’ve given you what you wanted. What else do you want,” Dalton asks.

              Ms. Strict sits back and says, “I don’t know. I want a lot of things but I have never wanted something this badly. I want to know about your kind and since this is the perfect opportunity for me to figure out more, I should take advantage of it. Don’t you agree?”

              The room silences and Ms. Strict smirks. What’s wrong with this woman? Isn’t it clear that we’re, or should I say I’m, scared of her. Is she feeding off of that fear? Ms. Strict seems to be enjoying this process. The silence is interrupted by a clicking sound.

             “Ms. Strict, we’ve captured a werewolf of the name Mason. What to do with him,” a man from her intercom says. Oh no. Mason is the weakest. I’m surprised that he escaped but now that he’s caught, what will the humans do to him?

              Ms. Strict presses the button before saying, “Bring him in. Also send in two humans to release the Death Abettors. I’m done.”  I refuse to look anywhere but down. I don’t want to ruin anything. She’s releasing us. I should be happy, but for some reason, I’m not.

              Once we leave, I’m sure that Thanos will tell me that he was just saying what Ms. Strict wanted to hear. It’s got to be something like that because if Thanos loves me, he would’ve told me before hand. Right? A human unties me and I wait until Ms. Strict stands up to follow everyone’s lead.

              “You may leave now. The injection has worn off by the look in your eyes. If I suspect any mischief from your kind, I will have you back in this position. Am I clear,” Ms. Strict asks.

             “Crystal, Emily,” Thanos says and walks out of the room. Dalton and Selene follow next but I find myself staring at Ms. Strict. What is it about her that makes me sick? Why does she repulse me?

               “Is something wrong, Amira? Those who want you aren’t coming now,” Ms. Strict says. Why can’t she just tell me the vampires want me?

              “Who wants me Ms. Strict?” I ask. Ms. Strict smiles before looking at a human.

               The human walks my way and grabs my arm roughly as Ms. Strict says, “You’ll find out. I like surprises.” I’m pushed out of the room by the human and fall into someone’s arms.