Ch. 13-Empathy

GUYS!!! You HAVE to vote and comment! They help me go up on the what's hot list and that will help me go up in the watty awards! The vote button and comment box (and button!!!) are free to use! Take advantage of it. I LOVE reading comments and I try to reply to everyone! Please take the time to do that. Here we go!!!

*****************

The walk back with Thanos was different to say the least. He was unusually quiet and seemed paler than normal. He was worrying me. Thanos coughed to the side and I stared at him in confusion. "Are you sick," I finally asked. Thanos coughed again before saying, "I don't know why. Don't worry about it."I sighed and thought about what Thalia said.

Could she really kill someone just because they were a vampire? What really happened to her before she came to Hemerwig? Was I lucky to be able to not remember my past? Should I just count my blessings and cut my losses? I wasn't sure at the moment and looked up at the star filled sky. I only had three days before the escape.

In three days I would either be as good as dead or out of this place. Should that have scared me? Probably but I didn't know any better. This place was all I knew. I glanced at Thanos and wondered how he really felt about everything. "You want to get out of here, right," I asked for conformation. "Yes I do. Stop talking me because I'm getting a terrible headache," Thanos said while rubbing his temples. Thanos has been acting weird for the last few days. Did I do something to him?

"If you've had a bad day, why are you taking it out on me," I asked and Thanos groaned. "I just can. It's not like you haven't had your share of bad days," he said with a good point. Thanos was breathing hard and clenching his fists. "I have no idea what you're talking about," I said innocently. Thanos rolled his eyes and tried to walk faster. "That won't work. I'm going to figure out what's wrong with you," I said with a grin.

"Why do you want to know so much," Thanos asked and I shrugged. I didn't know why I wanted to know what was causing Thanos so much discomfort. Would I help him? Was I just bored? I wasn't sure but at that moment, Thanos's pain captured my attention. "I just do. Tell me," I said. Thanos stopped walking and turned around to face me. Thanos's eyes were filled with seriousness and he looked like he would throw up at any second. I took a step back as Thanos took a deep breath. "I don't know. Just leave me alone so I can think. You're really getting on my nerves, Amira. Did you know that you can be really annoying," he asked.

How could he say that to me after he was being so nice to me? I thought we were on the road to recovery. "Fine! I'll just leave so that you can have your alone time! You're nothing more than a moody jerk," I said and walked toward the main building. Did Thanos think I was just going to stay back there and accept his little rant? I rolled my eyes as I walked into the castle.

I ran into someone and fell back. I hit the ground hard and groaned. I couldn't believe the luck I was having. "I'm so sorry! Are you alright," someone asked. I looked up and Luther was trying to help me up. His purple eyes held concern and Luther looked like he was about to have a heart attack. "I'm fine. Take a few deep breaths. You're really worrying me," I said and Luther did as he was told.

"Sorry. They injected me with a lot of weird stuff and I'm a little jumpy," he said. "Where are you going," I asked while dusting myself off. "I'm going to sit outside," he said and tried to walk away from me. I was about to walk into the castle but I noticed that Luther was stumbling. "I'll come with you," I said. I put Luther's arm over my shoulder and helped him walk toward a free bench.

"You don't look good. Are you sure you want to be out here," I asked as we sat on the bench. "Yeah. Fresh air does my kind good. It's just...our environment was so different," he said. "What was it like," I asked. Luther looked up at the sky before closing his eyes. Luther's hair was moving in the breeze and I looked down at his arms. His skin was starting to take a scale like form.