Ch. 9-Surprise

I walked toward Principal Conarvic's office and with every step I grew more concerned. I probably should've taken some of Thanos's advice before I announced that we were enemies. That wasn't really smart on my part but I wouldn't ask Thanos for help. I already know what he might have said. "Couldn't survive without me? Well I guess you can beg for my forgiveness," Thanos would say and then laugh evilly.

I cleared that image from my mind as I knocked on Principal Conarvic's door. That was a little extreme even for Thanos. "Come in," Principal Conarvic said and I was surprised to call this a principal's office. Beside from the books on the wall, there was a flat screened TV above the door, a few retro chairs, and a Jacuzzi in the corner. I sat in the chair and as I guessed, it was the spinning kind.

"Do you know why you're here," Principal Conarvic asked while doing paper work. "No," I said clearly and fought the erg to look behind me and see what was on the television. I could hear people laughing in the background. "You are here because a lot of rumors have been going around school. For the most part those things don't concern me but because of your recent incidents I decided to be sure," he said.

I didn't know what to say so I let Principal Conarvic continue. "Ms. Amira this is what I want to know and I'll ask it very plainly. Did you kill Taylor, the transporter," Principal Conarvic asked and my mouth dropped in shock. "How could you accuse me of that? Of course I didn't kill her," I exclaimed. "Well seventy five percent of the school claims that you killed her or at least assisted in her death. I'm just stating the facts Ms. Amira," he said.

"Well your facts are wrong! Just because I'm a death abettor it doesn't mean I go around randomly killing people," I exclaimed. "Ms. Amira calm down," Principal Conarvic said and his eyes flashed with dominance. Principal Conarvic cleared his throat before saying, "Don't make this sound like a personal attack against you Ms. Amira. I have interviewed other suspects." "So now I'm a suspect," I demanded.

I was furious at this point and Principal Conarvic could sense that. "Everyone is a suspect Ms. Amira," he said. "I didn't even know the girl or any of their kind. Just because Taylor was murdered in front of my room doesn't mean I did it," I said. I might have gone overboard with my innocence speech but Principal Conarvic's face remained neutral. That aggravated me even more. "Are you even listening to me? I said I didn't have anything to do with this ridiculous murder," I exclaimed and Principal Conarvic gave me his full attention.

"What about the other death abettors? Were they with you," he asked. I studied Principal Conarvic for a long time before working up the courage to say, "No. They were in the cafeteria." "Can you prove that," he asked. I sighed and said, "No. I wasn't with them. I was in the party line but I'm sure someone can say that a group of death abettors were in the cafeteria since we don't have that many of us." Principal Conarvic accepted my statement but I could still tell that he had more questions to ask me.

I didn't want to stay in his office. I felt like I was in a glass box and Principal Conarvic was inspecting me from all angles. "Is there anything else you need," I asked hesitantly. Principal Conarvic raised an eyebrow and asked, "Is there somewhere else you need to be?" The question startled me but I quickly recovered. I couldn't believe that Principal Conarvic still thought that I killed Taylor.

"I just came from your training class. I'm tired and a nap sounds great right now," I said before letting out a forced yawn. Principal Conarvic sat back in his chair and studied me. "Fine. I'm not old Ms. Amira and I certainly will be keeping my eye on you. I will call you again if something changes," Principal Conarvic said. I stood up and walked out of the room without another word to him. I wasn't paying attention and when I bumped into someone equipment went flying everywhere.

"Watch it! I'm already late," someone said. "Let me help," I offered before looking up and seeing an agitated Pandora. Pandora sat on the ground and rubbed her temples. "What's wrong," I asked. "I've been in a really bad mood all day. I'm stuck with clean up duty because the other mermaids wanted to go to some werewolf party tonight. Rivan volunteered to help but I'm just really high strung today," Pandora said.