Reality

Happy New Year!

Y/n's POV

I woke up somewhere hard and cold. I wasn't sure how long I was actually unconscious for but it must have been a while considering just how stiff my limbs felt. I managed to sit up, however I quickly realized my hands were tied behind my back and both my feet were shackled to the wall with a chain that was only about three feet long. It as dim, so my eyes struggled to adjust to the small amount of light around me cast from what appeared to be a nightlight. When I could finally see things properly I noticed I wasn't in some kind of cell like I expected myself to be in. Other than the chains the room looked.. normal. It was a square space, the walls were painted a peach like color and the floor was made of marble, which would explain why it was so cold to lay on. A single red door was on the wall across from me, obviously too far for me to ever dream of reaching in this state. There were no windows and there didn't even seem to be any kind of vent. A single desk was propped against the left wall next to me, along with an office chair that I could probably sit in if I tried. On the other wall to my right was a full length mirror. Besides this and a lamp that wasn't on, the room was empty.

"Hello? Can anyone hear me?" I called out. Idiot, classic horror movie cliche. The person that calls out when they're alone as if the killer is just going to pop out and say 'Yeah I'm here, you should probably run before I kill you.' Honestly I never understood those scenes. But now isn't the time to be thinking about that. I decide I would try and get to my feet but before I could move I heard a lock click an the door knob turn. I shrink back and press myself against the wall as it opens. The familiar sight of a masked figure walks into the room and I struggle in trying to decide on whether to act brave or not.

"So you're finally awake." They said simply, walking my way. I press against the wall as much as I could, wishing I would somehow phase through the material. They stopped a few feet in front of me and I jut my chin out, setting a stubborn look on my face despite my obvious fear.

"What do you want with me and where am I?" I demanded, hoping the quiver in my voice wasn't as noticeable as I thought it was. I kept my gaze on the mask covering their face as they crouched down in front of me.

"Where you are isn't relevant at the moment. Even if I told you there would be no hope of escaping on your own." They told me. I swallow hard, getting anything useful out of this person would prove to be difficult.

"Well don't I at least deserve a name from you? Who are you?" I ask. They seem to hesitate for a moment.

"Call me what you will." They answer. Is this person just going to dodge my questions? I stay quiet for a few moments, not sure what to say to them.

"You didn't answer my question from earlier. What do you want with me?" I ask again, hoping to get an answer this time. I hear what I could only assume was a sigh come from behind the mask. They straightened up, now standing over me.

"Do you really wish to know?" They ask me. I blinked. Is this person really going to tell me? Why aren't they as intimidating as before? They're a literal killer! I expected torture or something, though I definitely won't complain about it not happening. I give them a nod, my curiosity getting the better of me.

"I, like many others, detest demons. So I set out to destroy them. It, of course, only started with a few killings, but then I realized something. If I really wanted demon society to tremble in fear and fall apart, killing mere low leveled demons would most certainly not suffice. I had to go for something bigger. So naturally I thought, why not take out the seven most infamous demons in this hellish world? You were not originally going to be part of my plan. In fact I had every intention to leave you alone. But seeing how far those monsters would go to protect you.. well let's just say I had to take advantage of that. You mustn't worry though, I don't plan on hurting you." He said stepping over to the desk, running a finger along its edge. I let out a scoff.