Playing it Safe

Satan's POV

I opened my eyes slowly, taking in my surroundings. My chest felt tight and my breathing was strained. Slowly but surely I started to remember what had happened.

"I'm...alive?" I wheeze. My hand slowly drifted to my stomach. I heard a rustling off to the side and turned my head to look. I locked eyes with y/n, who seemed to be covered in bandages. Even though she was a few beds away I could see tears forming in the corners of her eyes as she covered her mouth with a hand. 

"You're finally awake." She said shakily. I saw her tears start to flow down her cheeks. I turn away and grit my teeth. What could I even say to her after what had happened?

"I'm sorry." I tell her in a hoarse voice. I heard her moving around and then suddenly she was kneeling beside my bed.

"What are you apologizing for?" She asks softly. I felt my throat begin to tighten.

"I..I couldn't protect you." I tell her, covering my eyes with my forearm. I felt her place her hand over my free one.

"That's not true. Without you I would've died before the other's got to us." She murmurs. I opened my mouth and felt my lips quivering ever so slightly. I clench my teeth together and let out a strained breath. I took my forearm off my face and looked at her with watery eyes.

"I'm still so sorry." I say through soft sobs. She brought her arms around me gently and hugged me. 

"You did nothing wrong Satan.." She cooed. I held her tightly, not wanting to let go.

"If I had been stronger none of this would have happened." I say. She didn't respond, only hugged me tighter. Eventually she pulled away and pushed a few strands of hair out of my face.

"How are you feeling?" She asks me.

"Unbearably weak but I'll be fine soon enough." I smile weakly at her. She smiled back and pats my hand before standing up.

"I'll tell the others that you're awake." She tells me before walking to the door. I sigh and rub my eyes.

Y/n's POV

I walked out of the room and looked around trying to find the others. I was so glad Satan had woken up, if he hadn't I don't know what I would've done. I walk into the living room and saw Lucifer sitting down reading a book.

"Hey Lucifer." I greeted him. He looked up at me and gave me a smile.

"You look well. Resting must have done you good." He tells me.

"Yeah but I have more good news." I say sitting down next to him.

"What is it?" He asks.

"Satan finally woke up." I smile. He placed his book down.

"That's wonderful. I'll go gather the rest of us and we'll all head over there right away." He nods at me before getting up. I saw him grit his teeth when he managed to get upright and he began to limp away.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" I offer. He turns toward me briefly and smiles.

"I'm fine, really. Go get Satan ready to receive us." He tells me. I watch him walk away and get up to go back to Satan. I knock on the door before entering.

"The others will be here soon." I say as I close the door behind me. Satan looks at me and nods.

"Alright." He says. I walk over to his bed and sit on it.

"We're going to discuss a plan of action." I tell him.

"Seems like the appropriate thing to do." He responds softly. I nod and pat his leg. The door opens again and the other brothers rush in.