Kidnapping

A/N: Sorry for not updating this sooner! Even if the updates don't come quickly just know I am not giving up on this story! I really enjoy writing it and will battle through even the toughest writer's block to continue it! ^^

Y/n's POV

I was having a rather peaceful dream that night. I was in a field of golden roses and the sky was a peculiar shade of red and green swirls. I was there with another person, but I couldn't see their face. Everything above their nose was covered by a shadow. I knew they were talking to me since their lips were moving yet I couldn't hear anything. Their presence was strangely comforting. But who are you? I need to know who this person was. Unfortunately for me, before I could gather any clues as to who this stranger may have been I was being shaken awake. A groan left my mouth as my eyes flutter open.

"Come on slow poke. We have work to do." Solomon's voice instructed, an amused undertone exposing itself. My gaze fell on his smiling face as he loomed over my resting form. Using my hands I pushed against his chest to give me more space.

"Get out of my face." I mumble, sitting up and rubbing one of my eyes. I heard him laugh and turned my head to look at him again.

"What time is it?" I ask him, throwing off my blanket and swinging my legs over the side of the bed. He looked down at his DDD and held it up for me to see.

"Four in the morning?! Are you insane?!" I exclaimed when I read the numbers showing on his screen. He slapped his hand over my mouth.

"Be quiet! I don't want to wake anyone else!" He whisper shouted. I narrowed my eyes at him and he slowly removed his hand from my face. I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Is there a reason you woke me up so early?" I ask him. He gave me a shrug.

"No real reason. I woke up not too long ago and had a burst of energy and decided not to waste it. Now lets go track down that killer." He said grabbing my wrist and forcing me up and off of my poor bed. I stumbled after him, having trouble keeping my balance at the sudden action.

"Hey wait up! I haven't even managed to manifest my magic remember?" I told him, pulling my hand away from his grip. He turned to look at me and rolled his eyes.

"I don't need you to. I just need to borrow your magic power." He told me in a "duh" tone of voice. I furrowed my brows in confusion as he led me outside. Laying on a black handkerchief on the ground was the red knife from before. He knelt down in front of it and beckoned for me to join him. I crouched down next to him and waited for further instructions. 

"Give me your hand." He told me, holding his out with his palm facing up. I hesitated for a second before placing my hand in his. He closed his eyes and his lips began to move but nothing was coming out as far as I could tell. I studied his face carefully, pondering what it was that he was doing. Suddenly it was as if all my energy had been drained from my body. A broken gasp let my mouth and I crippled to the ground.

"I'm sorry, you'll feel better soon." He told me with an apologetic smile. I couldn't form any sentences at the moment but I stared at him with wide eyes. He gently picked up the knife and held it gingerly between his fingers. With his other hand he softly traced its outline with his eyes closed as he silently muttered something under his breath. He furrowed his brow and continued to whisper things I couldn't make out. Suddenly the knife began to emit a soft white aura and shot up into the air and out of his hand. He opened his eyes and looked up at the shaking knife. The light burst from it in a wave and the knife now glowed green instead of red. He used two fingers and slid them across my head before standing. All of a sudden my energy was back and I was able to move. I sat up and took in several deep breaths.