Atsuo; The Troubled Boy

Y/n's POV

I stared at the face of the man who claimed to be my brother for moments on end, not quite understanding what he had meant. How could he have been my brother? I had no recollection of him what so ever nor had my parents ever mentioned him in my life.

"My.. brother? That is..That is the most insane thing anyone has ever told me and I've stayed with demons for the past year of my life!" I exclaim. A sigh left his lips and he got to his feet again.

"Yes, I suppose that does sound a bit puzzling does it not? After all the way I have acted towards you would not exactly be considered very brother-like. But I plan on making it up to you." He said with a smile. I look up at him with a look of disbelief on my face.

"You really are crazy.. God how can you act like this after everything you've done? You hurt my friends!" I snap at him. The smile on his face faltered for a moment. My eyes flickered to his hands as his fingers twitched ever so slightly, suddenly getting worried that I had crossed a line like that time in the haunted house. He lifts his hand and I shut my eyes tightly, bracing myself for a blow that never actually comes. Instead all he did was pat my head.

"You're feeling conflicted. I understand that. I'll be willing to answer any questions you may have for me to make you relax." He said before grabbing the chair from the desk. He sat down and turned to look at me, leaning his weight on one of its arms. It took me a moment to realize that he was waiting for me to ask a question. I honestly had no idea how to process this entire situation. For someone capable of taking another life this guy was acting so casual towards me. I swallowed, feeling uneasy as I tried to find my voice again.

"What's your name?" I ask him in a quiet voice. He seemed to have heard me however, despite my volume.

"My name? Oh. Well you see I don't necessarily have one. If I do I can't remember it. I tend to change it depending on where I go in the world. Right now I go by Atsuo. So.. I guess you can call me that. Or you can just address me as brother!" He said with a smile. I nod slowly. There was no way I'd be calling him my brother any time soon. But I wasn't going to tell him that. It might make him upset and he looks like he might have a few screws loose. 

"Okay.. Atsuo. That's a nice name." I said, trying to stay casual. He beamed at me again and nodded.

"You think so? I heard it once and thought that it would be a great name to have even if it was only for a while! It means pure affection or something like that. I'm not too sure. Isn't it fitting for an older brother?" He asked me, rolling the chair a little closer to me. I looked away and nodded. Sure, under normal circumstances it might have been a fitting name for a brother, but definitely not for him.

"I have a lot of things planned for us. We're going to make sure those demons never tangle in human affairs ever again. Hopefully we can rescue that other guy from them too. I would have grabbed him with you but he seemed too aggressive at the time and he wasn't my priority anyway. I'm surprised there's someone else with magic powers like mine. It's so exciting to think about!" He said leaning back in the chair and slowly twirling it around. He must have been talking about Solomon. It was honestly surprising that he didn't seem to be holding a grudge for the way he was attacked earlier.

"Can I know how you plan on doing that? You said the word we're so that means not just you. I think I deserve to know. Can you tell me?" I ask him. He seems to hesitate for a moment before standing again. He opens a drawer in the desk and pulls out a key. He walked over to me and started to work on unshackling my legs from the wall as I watched him in shock. I didn't think he'd let me go like this. As soon as the restraints were off he slid the key into his pocket and helped me to my feet since my balance was thrown off from having my arms tied behind me.

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 (𝐎𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐌𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐱𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara