Chapter 25

Elijah's POV
We were looking for Elena, very discreetly. We couldn't let her find out that we were looking for her, just incase she would of went on a killing spree. We needed to get her emotions back on and quick.
Niklaus offered to look in the Grill, Kol offered to look around where she lives and Rebekah and I were looking around town.
"We're never going to find her," Rebekah sighed.
"Yes we will, we just need to think about where she would be," I said, as we drove around.
"And where will that be?" She asked.
"I don't know," I said quietly after a while.
We drove around until we stopped at Wickery Bridge. We saw a figure standing on the edge, we couldn't see clearly because it was dark. I looked to Rebekah and she looked to me, we slowly got out the car and walked to where the figure was standing. It was definitely a woman. She was on the edge of the bridge, she looked like she was going to jump.
"Elena?" Asked Rebekah, as we got closer.
The woman turned to face us, it was Elena. She looked as if she had been crying, she also had blood on her lips.
"What the bloody hell are you doing?" Rebekah asked, as Elena stood closer to the edge.
"I was dead," she said, trying to not let her voice break.
"We're all dead, Elena," I said softly.
"Yes, but I was really dead. I came back from the other side,"
She stepped closer to the edge and me and Rebekah eagerly stood closer.
"Come on, Elena. The sun will be up soon, you need to rest," I said calmly, as I stood in front of Rebekah and closer to Elena.
She looked to me and shook her head, I turned to face Rebekah and she shrugged. I walked to Elena's right side and looked at her beautiful, tear stained face.
"Let's go home," Rebekah said softly.
Elena looked up to the sky and looked at the sun starting to rise. She took a shaky deep breath and rubbed her legs. I looked to her hand and saw she wasn't wearing her daylight ring, I motioned for Rebekah to look at Elena's left hand to see if she was wearing it on that hand. Rebekah slowly shook her head.
"Elena, where's your daylight ring?" I asked showing concern.
She looked down to the water and smiled a fake smile.
"I've died too many times, Elijah. Life isn't supposed to be this way," she answered.
"Elena, we've just brought you back, we are not going to loose you again," said Rebekah.
The sun rose and Elena started to scream, I pulled her away from the edge and stood in front of her. She was still burning but it wasn't as much as when she was directly in the sun.
"Rebekah bring the car here, now!" I shouted.
Rebekah sped to the car as I guarded Elena. She quickly drove to us and I carried Elena into the car, I put her in the back seat and laid her down and put a blanket over her. I sped into the passenger seat and Rebekah quickly drove us back home. When we got there, I sped outside and sped Elena inside. I took her to my bedroom and closed all the curtains.
"What on earth were you thinking?" I shouted.
"Why did you save me?" She cried.
"I am not loosing you, Elena!" I shouted.
"That isn't your choice, it's not anyone's choice, except mine!"
"It's your choice, okay. So your choice is wanting to die, wanting to leave us all behind? Do you really want that Elena?"
"Of course I don't want to leave you, I don't want to leave any of you. But I can't be here anymore,"
Elena stared at me waiting for a reply, but I couldn't reply. I walked out of the room and angrily left the house.

Klaus' POV
I overheard Elena and Elijah's conversation, I couldn't move. She wanted to die and she seemed pretty determined to make sure she got her way. After Elijah left, I knocked on his door and Elena quietly told me to come in.
"Hey," I said softly, as I sat down next to her.
"Hi," she replied, as she wiped away her tears.
"Well, at least it proves that you've got your emotions back," I said jokingly.
"Shut up," she replied, as she chuckled.
"You are joking about the whole killing yourself thing, right?"
"I'm not supposed to be here, Klaus,"
"None of us are, we've all cheated death, numerous times. So what's a few more times?"
"But I died, I actually died. I was on the other side, I watched you mourn me and that was how it was supposed to be. I wasn't supposed to come back,"
"But you have Elena, and you should see that as a privilege. We lost you, and we got you back and none of us want to go through the pain of loosing you again,"
"But what about my pain? What about this pain that is constantly there, reminding me that I should be dead?"
"It's called being a vampire, we all have it. We just have to ignore it and when we realise that it doesn't control us, we can finally live our lives,"
She looked at me and smiled, I wiped away one of her tears and kissed her forehead.
"You're not as bad as everyone thinks, you know?" She whispered.
"They have you to thank for that," I said as I leant back.
She smiled again and thanked me.
I stayed there with her for a while. When she fell asleep on my chest, I took out my phone and sent a text to Elijah.