Chapter 30

Finn's POV

When I knocked on Elena's door to take her out for dinner, Alaric answered the door. He nodded at me and shouted Elena down. She slowly walked to the stairs and smiled at me as she walked down them. She was wearing the dress I had seen her in earlier that day and her hair was curly. She looked beautiful. When she walked out to me, I offered my arm, which she took and we walked down to my car.

"Don't be back too late," Alaric called out to us, as I opened the passenger door for Elena

I nodded to Alaric and Elena thanked me as she got into my car, I smiled and closed her door, I walked over to my side and got in. I got into gear and quickly drove off.

"So, where we going then?" She asked,

"It's a surprise," I said with a smile, as I quickly faced her.

She chuckled and I looked back at the road.

"How did my brothers react when you told them you were going out to dinner with me?" I asked after a while of silence.

"I didn't tell them," She replied quietly.

I chuckled and faced her, as I asked why not.

"They didn't ask," she shrugged.

I smiled and she laughed.

When we finally got to the restaurant, after 30 minutes, I got out of my car and sped to Elena's door and opened it for her, I helped her out and she thanked me as I offered my arm out to her. We walked into the restaurant with our arms linked and she gasped at the beauty and size of the restaurant. I smiled at her and then a waiter came over to us and shown us to a table. I thanked him as he handed us both a menu and walked off.

"As we are here on witch business. Did you find her?" Asked Elena, as she put down her menu.

"Yes, I did. She said she would be more than happy to help us find a spell, but I am afraid that it will take a few more days," I replied, as I also put down my menu.

"Okay. Thank you for all of this, Finn. You've been so kind to me,"

"I would do anything for you, Elena,"

We both smiled and she looked down to her hands, breaking our gaze. But then our waiter came back over to us and we ordered our food.

We stayed there for another hour after we had finished our food, we were talking and getting to know eachother. And by the end of the night I realised that Elena was great company and I liked her. Not in the way my brothers did, but as a friend. And I wasn't going to loose her due to a hex and my brothers.

When I was driving her home, I saw that she had fallen asleep. She looked so peaceful and relaxed, so I decided not to wake her. When I parked outside her house, I turned to her and smiled. I tried to picture every image of her face in my head so I wouldn't have to wait till the morning to see her. I got out of my car and walked to Elena's side and slowly opened the door, I carefully picked her up and locked my car behind me as I walked to Elena's front door. I took out her key from her hands and opened the door, I quietly shut it and walked up to Elena's room. I carefully placed her on her bed and pulled the blanket over her. I kissed her forehead and walked out of her room, closing her door behind me.

Elena's POV

When I woke up the next morning I was still wearing my dress from my dinner with Finn, so I figured I fell asleep in the car and Finn carried me up to bed. The dinner was so fun, the food was good and Finn was actually a really nice guy. I was glad I was friends with him and he was the only Mikaelson brother I hadn't had feelings for. Not that I had feelings for Kol or Klaus, they were just crushes. And I knew I could never act on them, because I was in love with Elijah.