Chapted 15

He killed Caroline, I mean he actually killed Caroline! When I held Caroline's lifeless body in my arms I cried, for what seemed like forever.
"Cheer up, love. I was only trying to help," Kol finally said as I picked Caroline's body up.
"Screw you," I said barely above a whisper.
"Is that what I get for helping a mate out?" Kol shouted after me.
I ignored him and carried on walking, I took the dagger out of her and hoped she would come back. It wasn't just any dagger though, it was a metal one, like the one Klaus had to dagger his siblings. 'If it's metal, then it shouldn't be able to kill Caroline, right?' I thought to myself.
When we finally reached the woods I sat down with Caroline on my lap and took out my phone, I rang Bonnie and told her to get there as quick as she could, I didn't tell her why. I waited quietly for the sound of Bonnie's heartbeat or her steps, when I finally heard them I realised she was running, she came up behind us and froze when she saw Caroline.
"No, Caroline, no! What happened?" She screamed.
"Kol," I whispered.
"I can fix this, I know how!" She shouted as she slumped down next to us.
I nodded and watched as Bonnie raised her hands over Caroline's body and chanted a few verses. She didn't wake up, but after a while the grey veins on Caroline's face slowly started to disappear, I wiped away my tears and smiled. Bonnie smiled too even though she was still doing the spell.
"Elena?" Caroline said weakly.
"Hey," I answered crying again.
She sat up with our help and realised she was thirsty, I told Bonnie to quickly go get a blood bag but Bonnie simply held out her wrist.
"What? Bonnie, no. I'm too hungry and I don't know whether I'll be able to stop?" Caroline admitted.
"It's fine, Care. Elena will stop you if you get too carried away," Bonnie answered.
Caroline looked at me and I looked at Bonnie she was nodding but I was too scared for Bonnie's safety.
"Look, guys. I'll be fine, you won't hurt me because I'm your best friend," she said to us.
I nodded slowly and so did Caroline.
Bonnie raised her wrist and Caroline slowly dug her fangs into her. When veins appeared under her eyes she stopped, I didn't need to drag her off. She thanked Bonnie and turned to me.
"Elena, I'm so sorry," she said.
"Care, it's okay. It's my fault, I shouldn't of over reacted and went all vampire crazy!" I said trying not to cry again.
"I'm going to kill Kol," she said angrily.
"Count me in on that," I said laughing.
"And me!" Shouted Bonnie.
We all laughed and came up with a plan to scare Kol.

Elijah's POV
Caroline was Elena's best friend and my reckless brother killed her, I felt so bad for Elena. I was going to run after her but first I had to deal with Kol.
"What are you doing here, Kol?" I asked sternly as soon as Elena was out of hearing range.
"I was bored and I missed my precious siblings," he said with a smile.
"Was killing Caroline necessary?" I asked after a while.
"I thought darling Elena needed the help, it was clear you two weren't going to do anything. Call yourselves good boyfriends," he replied with a smirk before speaking again, "anyway, she's not dead. It was a metal dagger, it'll knock her out for a couple hours tops, if she has the help of a witch, of course,"
I walked over to Kol and slapped him over the back of the head and dragged him inside. He was trying to get out of my grip by kicking and biting, but I still wouldn't let go. When we got inside and in the living room I pushed him onto a couch and he smirked. He ran his hands over the material and exclaimed how much he liked it. Me and Niklaus rolled our eyes and sighed over our 1,000 year old brother who acts as if he is 10.
"So, brother. Tell us why you are really here?" Niklaus asked as we sat down opposite Kol.
"I told you, I missed my precious siblings!" He exclaimed.
All of a sudden Rebekah came running in .
"Kol, oh my god, I've missed you so much!" She shouted as she hugged Kol.
"And I've missed you too, dear sister," Kol replied once again with a smile.
Kol and Rebekah pulled apart and she sat down next to him, but before any of us could say anything Bonnie Bennett came running into the house.
"Elijah, Klaus, come quick! Elena's hurt!" She shouted.
We all shot up and followed Bonnie as she led us out to find Elena. I kept my face emotionless and calm, but inside I was screaming. Niklaus, on the other hand, he was screaming at Bonnie to hurry up and the veins under his eyes were also approaching. Kol looked guilty and worried and Rebekah looked extremely worried. Bonnie was leading us to the middle of the woods, she was crying.
When we got there we saw Elena's body on the ground, we ran up to her but we were pushed back with what seemed like a spell. Bonnie looked to us in confusion and walked up to Elena, she was the only one who could get to Elena. Elena's body then started to levitate and then she screamed, I tried to get to her but again I was pushed back by the spell.
"It was a link between Caroline and herself, when you killed Caroline you must of triggered something inside of her?" Bonnie shouted to Kol.
"What's going to happen, is she going to be okay?" Niklaus shouted.
"I think she's going to die?" Bonnie replied.
I then looked at Bonnie with tears in my eyes and fell to my knees, Bonnie looked at me and winked. She smirked and shook her head, I looked at her in confusion and then finally realised what was going on. Bonnie and Elena were playing a trick on us to make Kol feel bad. Bonnie then motioned me to look behind her and I saw a very alive Caroline smiling at me. Caroline urged me to carry on with the act. Niklaus started to cry and attacked Kol. Rebekah pulled Niklaus off of Kol and told him that they would try to save her.
"I didn't know, I'm sorry!" Kol shouted.
"Yes, but why do you have to go around killing baby vampires?" Niklaus shouted as he got off of him.
"I didn't know they were linked, I'm sorry, I truly am," Kol said as he looked extremely guilty.
I felt bad to see my brother looking so worried, but he did kill Caroline. I put my head in my hands and sat next to a tree, I was trying not to laugh.
"I don't get why you're apologising to Nik, it was Elijah's girlfriend!" Shouted Rebekah.
"I loved her too!" Shouted Niklaus in anger.
Everyone stopped and looked towards Niklaus, including Elena and her friends. Bonnie dropped Elena and Elena shot up and shouted, "You're in love with me?"
Caroline came out behind the tree and her mouth formed a 'O' shape as well as everyone else.
"Wait, you two are supposed to be dead?" Shouted Rebekah.
Elena, Caroline, Bonnie and myself burst into pits of laughter because of my siblings faces.
Elena caught Niklaus' gaze and before she could ask him anything, he quickly sped away.

Elena's POV
The plan worked like a charm, Kol felt bad and that was all we wanted. But then Klaus said that he loved me, we stopped automatically and we all came out of what we were doing. The rest of them stared at us, they were so confused, especially to see Caroline standing. We laughed at their faces but then I went back to what Klaus said, but before I could say anything to him, he left. I ran after him and found him in his garden, I walked up to him and sat on the bench next to him.
"Are we going to talk about what you just said or not?" I asked.
"There's nothing to it, love," he replied.
"You said you love me?"
"Yes, I did. But why it's a big deal, I don't know,"
"Klaus, you just said you love me in front of your family and my friends - including my boyfriend,"
He turned to face me and put his hand on mine.
"I love you, Elena. I really do love you,"
"How long?"
"Since I took you from your school when Alaric was a hunter,"
"That was months ago?"
"I know, love,"
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because every time I got close to telling you, you were either in the love triangle between the Salvatore's, or in the arms of my brother,"
"I'm sorry, I really am,"
"It's okay, love,"
"I love Elijah, Klaus. I'm sorry if I'm hurting you, but I don't want you to get the wrong idea,"
He nodded and I kissed his cheek as I stood up, I walked off and decided to go back to Elijah. But before I left the garden, Klaus called me back and shouted after me, "He loves Katerina, you know?"