Chapter 20

I woke up the next morning on my couch, with my head leaning on Kol's shoulder. I quickly shot up and he smirked with his eyes still closed. I rolled my eyes and scoffed jokingly. I checked my phone and I saw that I had 117 messages, all from Rebekah and Klaus. There were all briefly the same message; Where are you and Kol. I laughed and I rang Rebekah.
"Elena, where the bloody hell you have you been!" Rebekah shouted down the phone when she answered.
"Kol took me home last night and we watched a movie, why?" I said as I stood up.
"I need you to stay in your house all day, okay? Elijah will be there soon," answered Rebekah.
"I'm not going to be a prisoner in my own home, Rebekah. It's happened too many times, so tell me what's going on and I can help?"
"No, Elena. The safest place for you right now is your house, stay with Kol until Elijah gets there and he will explain everything,"
"Fine, but you lot all owe me,"
Rebekah laughed and ended the call. I looked over at Kol and he was as confused as I was.
"Don't even ask me what that was about," Kol said, as he put his arms out as if he was surrendering.
I chuckled and sat back down next to him.
I sighed and said, "Right, well I'm going to have wash. You stay down here, play Jeremy's video games, do whatever you want. Just don't leave, because Rebekah will kill both of us," I said as I stood back up.
Kol nodded and smiled at me as I walked away. As I walked up the stairs I could feel him looking at me, so I turned to him and saw him staring at me, smirking. But as soon as I caught him, he quickly turned back to face the tv. I laughed and carried on walking upstairs. I walked into the bathroom and had a shower.

Kol's POV
That night was perfect, we watched a movie, we spoke about random things when it finished and we eventually fell asleep. Elena fell asleep first and she leant her head on my shoulder, I kissed her head and softly whispered, "Good night, Elena," before I fell asleep.
When Elena woke up, she saw that she was leaning on my shoulder and quickly sat up straight, I smirked at her even though my eyes were still closed. A few minutes after that, she rang a very distressed Rebekah. She was telling Elena that she had to stay home all day and that Elijah would be there soon. I clenched my jaw at the sound of my brothers name, I couldn't think why I got so jealous of her and my brother. Well, I knew but I just didn't want to admit it to myself just yet. When she got off the phone, she looked at me and we were both equally confused. I told her that she shouldn't ask me what it was about because I had no clue. She eventually went upstairs to go have a wash, when she walked away from me I couldn't take my eyes off of her, she was so beautiful. But when she was walking up the stairs, she caught me. I quickly turned back to face her tv and she laughed. I heard her a short while after turning the shower on.
I stood up and decided to make Elena breakfast for when she got out of the shower, I was making pancakes when I heard a knock at the door. I washed my hands and went to answer the door. I opened it and saw Elijah.
"Kol, what are you doing here?" He asked worriedly.
"Relax, brother. I brought her home last night and we fell asleep on the couch, nothing happened," I said as he walked in.
"Where's Elena?" He asked, completely ignoring what I just said.
"Shower," I mumbled and went back to the pancakes.
He followed me into the kitchen and sat down at the table.
"So, what's going on then?" I finally asked.
"Elena's friends are going to try and bring Damon Salvatore back from the dead," he said rather bluntly.
"And why does Elena need to stay here and be kept safe?" I asked.
"Niklaus spoke to a witch last night about the spell, and to compete the spell they need the blood of his love. And taking Elena into consideration, I'm not really sure if she'd appreciate being used as a blood bag to keep the oldest Salvatore alive and happy,"
"She's a vampire, she'd heal,"
"That is another thing, she'd have to be cured of her vampirism,"
"You mean, she'd become human again?"
"Yes, brother,"
"And why hasn't anyone asked Elena what she would like to do instead of choosing her path for her?"
"She would have to leave me, she'd have to leave all of us. If we do not give her up, they will rise Damon Salvatore, yet they will still do it if we don't give her up. So, we need to keep her safe,"
"But what if she wants to be human again, even if it means being used as a blood bag?"
"Last year, Elena was so distraught that she was destined to be a blood bag for Niklaus and she didn't know him, so imagine how she would feel to be stripped of everything she felt most powerful with to become a human blood bag for her dearest friends?"
I stood there for a while staring at my brother, I knew everything he was saying was right. I just thought that Elena should be able to make her own decisions. I didn't reply and went back to the pancakes.
When I had finished the pancakes, Elena had come downstairs. She was wearing a blue tank top with shorts and her hair was up. Me and Elijah looked at her intensely as she entered the room where we sat.
She looked surprised that Elijah was there but her face quickly softened as she walked up closer to him. She bent down and kissed his cheek, he smiled. I rolled my eyes and gave Elena a plate of pancakes. She looked at me shocked and thanked me, she pulled me into a hug and I hugged her back. I smiled and we sat down at the table. After we had finished eating, Elena asked Elijah what was going on. He looked at me and I nodded and then he told Elena everything.
She blinked a few times as Elijah had finished telling her about Damon and his resurrection.
"I'll be human again?" She finally asked.
I looked to Elijah and he looked back at me, his eyes had widened.
"Elena, darling, you're not seriously considering this, are you?" I asked.
"No - I don't know, maybe? I mean, everyone will get Damon back and I will be human again," she said after a while.
"Elena, you will be the only blood source that Damon will need to keep him alive, what if he gets carried away and drains you of your blood?" Elijah asked.
"I don't know, Elijah. But I'm the reason he died, I should help bring him back to life,"
"Elena, I beg of you, do not do this?"
Elena looked at Elijah, he looked distraught. She stood up and walked to her room. Elijah rubbed his hands over his face and quickly put back on his calm and emotionless face.
"Excuse me," he said as he stood up.
I nodded and he walked out of the front door.
"Well, that was charming," I said to myself, as I sat alone on the table.

Elena's POV
I couldn't believe that they were making my decision for me, that was exactly the reason why I walked out on Damon and Stefan! I angrily paced around my room, thinking of what to do. I didn't want to be a blood bag for the rest of my life, however long that may be considering Damon was going to need to drink my blood for him to survive. But then, I also really wanted to be human again. I eventually sat down on my bed and ran my fingers through my hair.
20 minutes later I got off of my bed and walked back downstairs, I heard Elijah on the phone outside. Kol was still sitting at the table where we left him. I sat next to him and laughed at him.
"What?" He asked.
"You haven't moved in the past 20 minutes," I said.
"Actually, darling, I washed the dishes," he replied with his famous smirk.
We chuckled and I had decided to tell him what my decision was.

Elijah's POV
I could understand why Elena was angry, but I couldn't understand as to why she was actually considering the idea of helping them. I stood outside, trying to calm down. I felt a sudden urge of hunger rush through me, but I knew it was just due to the fact I was burning with anger. I took out my phone and called Niklaus.
"Niklaus," I said as he answered the call.
"Elijah, what is it?" He asked.
"Elena. She is debating wether or not to help Damon Salvatore,"
"What the bloody hell?"
"If she becomes a blood bag for Damon Salvatore, she won't survive very long,"
"Keep her there until I get there, okay. I have a plan, but you being you, you might not like it,"
"I might not like it, but if it will keep Elena out of harms way, then I will not prevent it,"
"Good choice, brother. I will be there shortly,"
I ended the call and sighed. I then felt the hunger rise again. 'If Elena was to be human, then how could we be together, If all I want to do is feed?' I thought.
I sighed once again and quickly put back up my emotionless facade and walked back inside. I saw Elena talking to Kol and he looked as if he would burst into tears at any minute. I looked to them in confusion and Elena stood up. Elena walked over to me and took my hand, she led me upstairs and into he room. She closed the door behind her and smiled a sincere smile.
"What is going on?" I asked, I was truly confused.
"I have decided that I am going to help Damon -" She began.
"No, Elena. I will not allow it," I interrupted.
"Just hear me out, okay?" She asked.
I nodded and she began once again.
"I have to help Damon and if during the process I die, then I'll die. I owe it to him, Elijah. He helped me through things I never thought I could get through, yes he did things to hurt me, but he also loved me. He would do this for me in a heartbeat, no questions asked. He changed into a better person for me, he once again learned to love Stefan and considered that his humanity was actually a good thing. I owe him my life and I will repay him, with or without your consent,"
Elena stood with her arms crossed, staring at me, waiting for me to answer.
"Why do you always plan on getting yourself killed?" I finally asked.
"I'm not, I'm just planning on helping out a friend,"
"Yes, a friend who is very much dead!"
"So am I, so is every vampire we know,"
"I gave my word to Niklaus that I would not let either of the Salvatore's or any of your friends hurt you, and I will not break my word just because you think you owe it to someone,"
"Why can't you all just let me make my own decisions?"
"Because you'll die!"
"Oh, hell. What does that matter!"
I stood there, staring at her. I was in complete shock. All I could think about was that she didn't actually care about dying, I shook my head and walked right past her and downstairs. I saw Kol with red eyes, sitting in the same place as we left him, he looked at me and I knew he heard everything. I turned and walked straight out the house and walked to the Bennett witches house.

Elena's POV
"Oh, hell. What does that matter!" I shouted, I regretted it as soon as I said it.
Elijah looked at me with complete anger and sadness in his eyes and then he stormed out of my room and out of my house. I let a few tears fall but then wiped my face and went downstairs to Kol, he was still sitting where we left him. He had been crying, I could tell by his red eyes. I walked up to him and hugged him, he hugged me back but then pushed me away.
"Why are you doing this, Elena? Why do you want to be a martyr?" He asked.
"It's not like that, Kol. I have to help my friends," I replied.
"But what about us? What about Elijah, Nik, Rebekah and me? Have you thought about us at all or are you just focused on Damon?"
"Of course I've thought about you all. Why do you think it took me so long to make a decision?"
"20 minutes wasn't a long time, Elena,"
I sighed heavily.
"Look, Kol. I don't want to leave Elijah, I don't want to leave any of you. But I owe this to Damon,"
"You said that you didn't care about dying,"
I looked at him with tears in my eyes and hugged him again, he hugged me back but this time he didn't push me off.
"I can't let you go, Elena," he said trying not to cry.
"I'm sorry," I whispered.
But before Kol could reply or do anything, I gripped my hands around his neck and head and snapped his neck. I held his body and head and slowly leant him down on the table.
I texted Caroline that I was ready and I'd meet her at the Salvatore's in 10 minutes, I waited for her to reply before throwing my phone onto my couch and walking out of my house.