D A T E-M A Y B E

It had been about a week since the game. Draco, Hermione, and me had been working are asses off trying to figure what the fuck I'm meant to do in this damn tournament. It started off with me and Draco but when Hermione saw us in the library she forced us to let her help. I wanted to keep as many people out of this tournament shit as possible but Hermione was smart, she knew what she was talking about. Then Draco, he would never let me try and figure this out on are own.

"Iv spent ages searching these stupid books!" Draco exclaimed earning a glance from Hermione. "Honestly don't you two read? It says right here, the first task always involves a magical creature, the second any item, the third patients and bravery." She said opening the first page of the book in Draco's hands. "How is it that you know everything?" I questioned. She smiled and shrugged. "You tamed a wild hippogriff, surely you can handle whatever magical creature they throw at you." She reassured. "Come on don't want to be late for dinner." Hermione added and stood up collecting some books to put them back. I stood up grabbing one of the longer and bigger books on the table Ex Champions. "Maybe I should take that." Draco said grabbing it from my arms, "You were hexed just a week ago." He added. "Draco I'm fine really." I assured and grabbed the small chapter books Hermione pulled for me and Draco.

——————

We sat down at the Slytherin table. Although I had been here for a good 2 months I still had no idea what they served. So I ate the same thing every night at dinner, hippogriff, dried cherry looking things that Draco said we're rare herbs in Romania, and water. The same meal Draco had the first night. We were having a nice time and a good conversation before pug faced pansy just had to start flirting.

"Draco could you help me with my potions assignment. I need somebody with good chemistry." I laughed quietly and the terrible pick up line. Draco scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Parkson if you haven't noticed I don't care about you so shove off." He growled. She pouted and stormed out of the great hall making a fool of herself in front of the whole school. I never understood why people in the Slytherin house were so dramatic. I also never understood why people flirted with Draco. Sure he was pretty in the face, and holy hell did he have some great genetics, but he was rude to everybody. Well, everybody but me. That also confused the hell out of me. Why me. It's not like I was important in anyway. Sure my father was a great wizard, he did after all mange to combat the Imperio curse. But after he married my mother, a muggle, people just forgot about the Ryder family. I was plenty ok with that.

I didn't want to be like Draco who had everybody scared of him. Not even him, just his name. Because at the end of the day, a last name doesn't change who you are.

As dinner finished I was walking out of the great hall with Draco before Hermione pulled my arm.

"Hey Aubrey I need to ask you something." Hermione said. I turned my head and nodded to Draco to go then turned back to Hermione, "what's up?" I replied. "I don't know if you know this but there is something called The Yule Ball this Christmas. It was in one of my books and everybody asks someone. I really want this guy to ask me when Dumbledor announces it but I don't think he will. What am I meant to do." Hermione asked. Why was she asking me? It's not like I was good with guys. Hell iv never even had a boyfriend! Everybody in the muggle world called me weird! "Hermione iv never had a boyfriend and nobody likes me like that." I admitted. "Are you blind?" She asked. I was a little taken back. My eyesight was fine, better than Harry's. "I don't think so-." She cut me off. "Aubrey every guy in this school is all over you." She said.

"Yeah right." I rolled me eyes. "I'm being serious. Tomorrow night when Dumbledor announces the ball, I bet you five gallons you get asked out before me." She said sticking out her hand, "Bet." I said taking it and shaking it. I was going to have to get five gallons ready. Hermione was beautiful, and I had dirty blonde hair boring blue eyes, and god don't get me started on my waist.

——————-

Hermione was right. Dumbledor announced the Yule Ball. When he did Draco went red. He clearly had someone he wanted to ask. "So who is the lucky girl getting to go with Malfoy." I joked and winked. He let out a small laugh and shook his head. I looked behind him, Harry had the same red face. When he met my eyes he looked down quickly. I hope he isn't mad at me.

"The better question is, who is the lucky bastard that gets to go with Ryder." He retorted. "Don't have many people in mind." I shrugged. Nobody thought of me that way. Sure I had a little crush on people here and there, but being honest I expect nobody to ask me. "Like?" Draco questioned. "Uh, maybe I'll just go with a friend. Or not go at all." I told him and sighed. If I didn't have a date I wasn't going to. Unless Draco or Harry ask me. Wait what am I thinking. Neither of them see me that.

"Let's get out of here." I suggested as other students stood up around me. He nodded and we walked back to the common room. As I was about to open my door Draco asked, "Hey it's Saturday tomorrow would you want to grab a butter beer?" I turned around to face him, "Yeah I could use a break." And with that I walked in and closed the door. Now I only had to worry about two things. The first task, and the Yule ball.