Don't Give in, Fulfill Your Promise

Mission report: . . .

Date: June 6th eight years ago.

Kenta: So I can't see Naomi?

Kenta's dad: Sorry. I can't let you outside like this.

Kenta: Not even train?

Kenta's dad: Sorry. No is no.

A few hours later.

Kenta: I can't take this!

Kenta grabs his sword and sneaks out to Naomi's house. Kenta taps on her window. Naomi opens the window up.

Naomi: Kenta?! What are you doing?

Kenta: Sorry I had to see you. Let's go to our spot.

Naomi looks around.

Naomi: Fine...

Kenta and Naomi are sitting in a small forest area with a pond, staring at the night sky.

Naomi: Hey Kenta.

Kenta: Yeah?

Naomi: What do you want to do after we get married?

Kenta: Continue being a demon slayer. I'll become a hashira and we'll have such an amazing life. I'll be strong and live and one day I'll retire and we can live in peace.

Naomi: Wow.

Kenta: What about you?

Naomi: It may sound funny, but I want to design clothes.

Kenta: Well as long as I'm with you I'll make sure it comes true!

Naomi: Thanks Kenta.

She leans towards him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. Kenta's face is covered in a blush.

Naomi: Here. I want you to keep this, if you're going to be a demon slayer then I want you to have this so I'll always be with you.

She hands Kenta a dragonfly hairpin.

Kenta: Thank you so much Naomi. I'll treasure it forever.

Kenta gets up and starts training as Naomi sits there and watches.

Kenta: I'm tired, Let's go back, okay?

Naomi: Yeah.

Kenta sees his house with the entire front blown open.

Kenta: What the...

Naomi: Lets go!

Kenta walks into his house and sees that his mom and dad are being eaten by a demon boy.

Kenta: No...

Naomi covers her mouth and she starts to cry. The demon looks up and reveals a tattoo on his eye saying "lower moon one"

Lower moon one, Koji.

Koji charges at Kenta and slashes Kenta's left eye out as Kenta uses his sword to cut Koji's right eye out. The blood from Koji infects Kenta's wound.

Kenta: Naomi, let's go!

They run out of the house but see Choko floating in the fog. She creates knives and shoots them down at Kenta. Naomi jumps in the way and gets stabbed.

Kenta: NAOMI!

Naomi: You'll become a strong slayer right? So I have to make sure that goal comes true...

Naomi's second hairpin falls out and drops into Kenta's hand. Choko sends more knives to kill Kenta but Arima comes in and slices away the knives.

Arima: Go! I'll give the girl and the rest a proper burial later just go!