KillerMare N.1

"The Judge" by Twenty One Pilots

[ These are some lyrics from the song that I thought fit the story if you want to give it a listen. The lyrics aren't them necessarily them singing but they are narrating what's going on in the story. Bold italic is when someone does happen to sing them italic are the lyrics narrating  ]

-

Requested by: Lxleystar [ sorry it took so long ^^' ]

It's dark and gloomy in the castle. The doors are heavy on Killer's bones as he pushes them open revealing the even darker corridors that were unwelcoming per usual. They slam behind him as the doors close upon themselves it's unsettling but routine for Killer, just part of his everyday life. He hears the taps of his feet as he makes his way around the place they make small pitter patters on the floor as he guides himself around the castle aimlessly, almost like a rhythm. The air swaying through and around him is cold but it accompanies the beat of his small feet. "What exactly am I here for again?" he reiterated loudly then he corrected his obvious question "oh right I have to tell him" he remembered, he really wished it didn't have to come to this. His voice echoed, the "n" from "again", it sounded pleasant and calming.

"Na na na na oh oh"

It sent shivers down his spine, as he chuckled to himself, "Sounds almost as if I could sing, that's odd" still he could hear the rhythm continue all on its own. Everything seemed pretty peaceful so far, the echo stopped after a few minutes which made the gloominess of the castle return, frankly Killer enjoyed the sudden echo better than the nothing around him.

"Sup Killer" the eye sockets that had appeared suddenly through one of the room doors comes out the shadows, it was Horror. "Hey Horror, your here...early? quite a surprise", Horror was never there early no matter what the situation was he was always late, it came off as weird and highly suspicious. "I came for something I left here last night, I'm going out on a mission in a bit anyways" "oh" is all Killer responded, he expected a snarky remark but was met with none, "uhm...have you seen Nightmare anywhere? I'm kind of..." "lost?" Horror filled in, he nods in agreement. "You? lost? that's unbelievable if you ask me, it's just darker than usual today, it kinda messes with the orientation of  the castle" he points in a direction and Killer follows, "Thanks..." he waves to say goodbye as Horror returns the gesture walking away. After a sort of long pause Killer heard the doors to the entrance open and close again, an obvious sign that Horror had left. "Today seems off, I don't like it..." the conversation runs and races around his head, Killer couldn't seem to concentrate today, "What is wrong with me-" he started but was interrupted as he snaps his skull upwards from the set of music that echoed all around him. The sound of singing...lyrics that sound so glum and depressing erupt from somewhere in the castle, they get closer the more Killer's feet approach mesmerized from the beauty.

"Na na na na oh oh"

"Na na na na oh oh"

"So it wasn't me, I knew I wasn't hearing things" Killer whispered to himself. The singing sounded and flowed without any strain in their voice, like it came naturally to them, such skill and talent bursting to life in an instant. Killer didn't mean to follow in the direction of it but it was too beautiful to ignore. It lead upstairs. Upstairs was a forbidden place, as far as the gang knew it belonged to Nightmare and Dream. It was some old makeshift bedrooms for the two, it served as a painful reminder to Nightmare of his past actions that ultimately destroyed his AU and caused its demise. No one was allowed upstairs unless Nightmare requested for you to speak to him, but it couldn't possibly be him. He just couldn't be the one singing.