Isabella's Present

"Happy Birthday, Phineas!" everyone shouted the moment the front door opened. Phineas had just gotten back from a slow day at work. He had forgotten that it was his birthday, having his mind wrapped around managing his new company all day. Phineas Flynn was now the proud owner of Flynn-Fletcher Creativity Inc. Since he enjoyed building things he decided to start a business that created parts so inventors like him could build amazing things. Unfortunately due to his company being of better quality he soon put Blowtorch City out of business, which greatly saddened him since they were the ones who gave him the parts for so many of his seemingly impossible inventions. The only problem Phineas had with going to work was that he spent the entire time in office while his employees did all the manufacturing. So, naturally, Phineas had a big smile on his face when he saw all of his friends, Buford, Baljeet, Ginger, his step-brother, Ferb, and his loving wife, Isabella, all standing side by side in the living room with a Happy Birthday banner hanging from the ceiling.

    "You all made it!" Phineas said as he walked over and pecked Isabella on the cheek.

    "Of course we did!" Baljeet exclaimed. "As if we'd miss our best friend's birthday!"

    "I'm only here for the cake," Buford said. "And I would never pass up a chance to call you Dinnerbell anyway."

    "Um...thanks?" Phineas said. He then noticed that a chair had been set up for him with a small pile of presents right next to it. "You know you guys didn't have to get me anything."

    "You say that every year!" Ginger groaned as she got her phone out of her pocket. "Now sit down and open your presents already!"

    Phineas did as he was told. After considering the pile for a moment he picked up a pink bag labeled: To My Phineas! XOXO, Isabella in bold letters but to his surprise Isabella quickly snatched it out of his hands before he could see what was inside.

    "Save this one for last," she said.

    "Okay," Phineas said, wanting to know more than ever what his wife had gotten him. "I guess I'll open this one." He picked up a cylinder shaped present from Ginger.

    "Gretchen and the other girls couldn't make it," she said. "But they wanted you to have this."

    "Fireside Girl Cupcakes!" Phineas said happily, recognizing the signature log container anywhere. "That takes me back. You and your friends used to always show up in my backyard to help us out with our inventions."

    "Oh we were just following orders," Ginger said with a careless wave of her hand. "Our leader deemed any excuse to see you as a good one."

    "Ginger!" Isabella said, blushing but Phineas merely chuckled and picked up his next present.

    "This one's from Baljeet," he said.

    "Finally!" Baljeet shouted, punching the air. "I've been wanting to give you this all day!"

    "No way!" Phineas said a moment later. "The first season of the Space Adventure remake and the newest Stumbleberry Finkbat movie! Hey, Ferb! I know what we're watching tonight!"

    Ferb just gave his brother the thumbs up.

    "Okay..." Phineas said as he grabbed a big bulky present. "This one's from Buford. Hey! The entire things covered in tape! It's gonna take forever to open this!"

    "Buford's gotta have his fun," Buford said in a matter-of-fact-tone as he brought up his phone. "Now open it."

    Ferb rolled his eyes and handed Phineas a pair of scissors.

    "Thanks, bro."

    "Oh come on! You guys never let me pick on you anymore!"

    "Maybe because we're adults and we're tired of your pranks," Baljeet said.

    "Then maybe I should make you a kid again," Buford said threateningly. "I'll go get my industrial sized compressor right now if you want."

    "No thank you!" Baljeet yelped. Buford smiled in satisfaction.

    "No matter how old you become you'll always be my nerd," he said.

    "Wait, you have an industrial sized compressor?" Isabella asked curiously. "Why would you have something like that?"

    "Why does he have molds of all of us?" Ginger replied with a smile.

    "Touche."

    "A life-time supply of Tuff Gum?" Phineas asked as he examined the hundreds of small boxes carefully. "I thought only bullies can have this."

    "Bullies never follow the rules even rules set by another bully," Buford said.

    "Aw, Buford's a big ol' softy," Baljeet teased.

    "Industrial sized compressor."

    "Sorry."

    "Cool, a new blowtorch!" Phineas said after unwrapping Vanessa's present. "I've been needing a new one of these. Hey, Ferb? Where is Vanessa? Could she not make it?"

    "Oh, she's coming," Ferb answered. "She had to quickly stop by her father's building. Apparently he had forgotten to buy a new set of self-destruct buttons."

    "Oh yeah, Dr. D!" Phineas said. "How's he doing anyway? I haven't seen him in a while."

    "I saw him this morning when I went to see Vanessa," Ferb said. "He had somewhere to be but he was doing fine."

    "I guess that leaves your present, bro," Phineas said as he grabbed a very small, folded piece of paper. "It's a blueprint!" he said after unfolding it.

    "What's it for?" Ginger asked.

    "It's for a birthday themed amusement park. This is awesome! I've been itching to build something for ages."

    "What's the point?" Buford said. "It's just gonna disappear by the end of today and half the day's already over!"

    "That was just our parents' backyard," Phineas said. "It's strange but ever since I moved out all the inventions I've built have stayed. I actually created an underground storage facility beneath this house to keep them safe. I'll show you them all when I get the chance."

    "That just leaves my present," Isabella said, walking over and handing her husband the bag.

    "Alright," Phineas muttered under his breath. "Let's see...oh! There's several things in here! A new shirt and pair of pants, a new wrench and screwdriver, thanks by the way, my old ones broke, and..." he pulled out a tiny box and opened it. When he saw its contents he almost dropped the thing entirely.

    "What is it?" Ginger asked eagerly.

    "It's...it's..." Phineas was lost for words.

    "Seriously, what did you get him?" Buford said turning to Isabella but she had all of her attention on Phineas. She smiled and nodded encouragingly for him to show everyone. Slowly, his hands still shaking, Phineas reached into the box and pulled out two pregnancy tests, and they were positive. His eyes were bright now as he looked at his wife.

    "Happy Birthday," she said with a smile. She had barely gotten the words out however when Phineas ran over and gave her a big hug, followed by a kiss. Everyone else cheered.

    "Congratulations, Isabella," Baljeet said, coming over to shake her hand.

    "Thank you."

    "So, Phineas, how do you feel?"

    "I feel, I-I don't know the correct way to phrase what I'm feeling," Phineas said, still at a loss for words.

    "Happy, nervous, scared?" Buford offered.

    "All of them I guess. Hey, wait a minute. I just realized that we're missing someone. Have any of you seen Perry...?"