A Company Party

Phineas sat at a small desk in the basement of his home. An old-fashioned desk lamp shone its light upon a blue piece of paper on which he was drawing plans for a new invention. He groaned, crumpled the blueprint into a ball and tossed it behind him. It flew through the air and bounced off the basement wall where it then proceeded to land on the floor to rest with the countless others from only moments before. "Still can't think of anything?" Phineas turned around in his chair to see his wife Isabella come down the stairs with a broom and dustpan.

    "No," he sighed. "I can't come up with anything impressive enough for the presentation. I need everything to go smoothly if I want George Mathew to invest in my new Summer Fun Program!"

    "Well stress only makes it harder to focus." Isabella began to sweep up all the crumpled blueprints. "Why not take a break? You and I can go out to that new coffee shop everyone's been talking about."

    "Thanks for the offer but I have to stay here. It is much harder to think of inventions when you're under pressure. I started this company so that people around the world can experience the same pleasure I did when I built my first rollercoaster or the time I created a Rainbow-Inator but none of those are really that beneficial and George is going to agree."

    "I see making other people happy as beneficial and that's what every single one of your inventions did."

    "That was for fun. Only if George felt the same way... Wait a minute! I know how to convince him! But I'm going to need everyone's help!"

    "What do you have planned?"

    "We're throwing a company party and George Mathew and his wife are going to be our honored guests! We're going to help them see how important it is that everyone around the world is having fun by having them participate in some of the activities in my Summer Fun Program!"

    "Isn't that kind of risky? What if George is unimpressed and refuses to invest?"

    "It's not like I've never done anything risky before. Besides with the help of you and everyone else I'm sure we'll be able to pull this off easily!"

    "When's the party going to be?"

    "Why not tomorrow? I'm going to need my suit cleaned."

    "Ooooooh! I've got the perfect dress for the occasion!"

    "Good! Now I'll have to phone Ferb, Baljeet, Buford, and Ginger... Isabella, do you think your former Fireside Girl friends can help out too?"

    "Let me check." Isabella dialed a number into her phone and waited. Soon someone on the other end picked up. "Hello, Milly? I know it's been a long time. How have you been? Really? Well my husband needs help setting everything up for a party. Uh-huh. Okay... You'll do that? Thanks! She says yes," she said to Phineas. "And she's going to try and reach out to Holly, Gretchen, Adyson, and Katie and see if they can come and help."

    "Knowing the Fireside Girls; I think it's very likely that they all will come help. I already have a location for the party. Now all I have to do is find someone to watch the kids while we're away tomorrow." Phineas thought for a moment. Who would be available? Not Vivian as she was on a trip to Mexico and wouldn't be back for several weeks. He sighed and pulled his phone from his pocket, only being able to think of one person. He dialed the number and waited a full minute before someone picked up on the other end.

    "Heinz Doofenshmirtz speaking," Doofenshmirtz said.

    "Hey, Dr. D."

    "Phineas! I'm so happy you called!"