Source of the Problem

"We're coming up on the city now," Phineas said. Danville was now shrouded in shadow with many purpled eyed things running through the streets. The giant eye in the sky swerved in their direction, pointing directly at the plane. Hundreds of dark tentacles rained from the sky and struck the jet. Some of them managed to pierce the roof of the jet and strike the floor. One of them almost struck Doofenshmirtz but the former evil scientist jumped aside just in time. He grabbed his Inator and began to fire at the tentacles, obliterating them one at a time. A large rumbling sound echoed from the sky and a massive tentacle bigger than the others came down and knocked the jet out of the air. It went spiraling out of control and crashed into the side of an office building. "Uhhhh...is everyone okay?"

    "I'm fine," Molley said, rubbing her head. "Zach?"

    "I'm alright, mom." Zachary helped Marie out of the ruined plane.

    "I'm fine too-" Vanessa began but then gave a small gasp of pain and fell back down to the floor. Ferb and Thomas quickly rushed to see what was wrong and soon found that a small metal shard had went through her left leg. Ferb slowly drew it out. The shard was at least four inches long and it had been over halfway inside. Phineas quickly went to the back of the jet which stuck out of the building. He fell over when he reached the compartment and the plane shook. He went completely still until it stopped and when it did proceeded to open the compartment and draw out a red container with a white cross painted on it. He brought it back to his step-brother who quickly opened it and pulled out a small roll of bandages.

    "It's nothing serious, right?" Doofenshmirtz asked in a worried voice.

    "Despite how deep the shard went it didn't pierce anything vital," Ferb said as he began to wrap bandages around his wife's leg. "I think."

    "You think?"

    "All the same she isn't fit to continue the journey."

    "No!" Vanessa said at once. "I'll be fine."

    "Don't be ridiculous! Too much movement and you'll start losing blood at an alarming rate. You guys will have to go on ahead while I stay here with her," he said to Phineas and the others.

    "If you're staying you'll need this." Doofenshmirtz handed Ferb his Inator. "Don't worry I can get another one."

    "Dr. D, from here which way is the rift?" Isabella asked.

    "You see that dark stream of what looks like smoke going up and feeding the Anti-Dimension?" Doofenshmirtz said pointing to the other side of town. "That's where we're going. And we have to hurry. Who knows how much longer we have until all of existence is wiped out!"

    "Then we'd better get going," Phineas said. "We need to be careful. Since Ferb has the Inator we're vulnerable to those things."

    "We still have our weapons," Tony said indicating the blasters on the hands of his Iron Man suit.

    "Only if we have to use them," Marie said cautiously. "We should put most of our efforts into sneaking as to not hurt anyone."

    "Yeah I don't see that happening," Buford said looking out one of the broken windows of the building. The streets were crowded with people under the Anti-Dimension's influence. "I think I can take about twenty of 'em."

    "And how do you propose to do that with no armor or any form of protection for that matter?" Baljeet asked skeptically.

    "I've done it before!"

    "Only in a video game!"

    "Gamer strategy always works!"

    "Marie's right," Phineas said, breaking them apart.