Chapter 1

Copyright © 2013 Eboni Oglesby All Rights Reserved

"Last day of school,yes!" I pumped my fists into the air. Jumping on to my mom's huge memory foam bed, I rolled around in it like a crazy kid on a chocolate binge. 

"Stop that," my mom muttered, irritated. She peered at the computer, her face covering  the screen.

"And besides," she added, " there is no way I'm letting you stay home and rot away what little you learned in a year.Summer," she scoffed. "What a  ridiculous idea."

"What? Are you crazy?" I sat up to look my mother in the eye. She didn't notice because she was looking on the computer so I leaned over to see. There in the GOOGLE search engine were the words "Summer Camp."

I lost it. "Are you serious!? Summer camp? Why cant you let me stay home with Lexus?" 

"She's only 18-"

"She IS 18!" My mother turned to give me a disapproving look, only to be met with my challenging one. We glared at each other.

"We'll just try it out," she turned back to the screen , changing the subject.

"And if I don't like it, I can stay home?" I asked, hopefully.

"No, but I'll know that you don't like it and give you motivating motherly speeches before you go." I could see a hint of a sassy smile on her lips.

"Mom! It's not funny, I'm serious!" I said, aggravated.

"I am too. And don't give me attitude, you're going and that's final." She turned to me with a stern look. I tried to meet it , but ended up as the one to turn away first.

I groaned as I flopped back on the bed. "This is so unfair."

"I don't want to hear that right now. Go get your clothes ready for tomorrow." She started clicking away at the screen.

"Tomorrow? How long have you been thinking about this?"

Mom let out an exasperated sigh. "I've already told you I didn't want to hear it any more. Go get your stuff like I asked ."

I walked out the room , purposefully stomping by feet on the ground, acting as childishly as I could.

I closed the door to my room and ripped through my things. Fingers finding my Skull Candy earphones, I ripped out my Touch screen mp3 and switched on some music. This was going to be a long summer.

A/N: for some reason, people like this story better than my others, so I guess I'll keep writing it!