Chapter 11

The flight to New Orleans was a long one, and Diego slept through most of it. I was a little scared traveling by myself,  but then I looked over at Diego and I felt less lonely.

When everyone got up to unload and leave, I had to shake Diego to wake up. But not just once. Five times. After the fifth, I was planning to smack him, like in the movies, but then my duffel fell out of it's compartment and on his stomach.

"Oof!" He exclaimed, as if all the air had been hit out of him.

"What the-? What's in this thing?" I guess it had.

"I may have added an assortment of shoes when you weren't looking."  I had to keep myself from laughing.

He just sighed and lifted the duffel off his stomach and out to me.

I looked at the bulging pack. "Could you carry it for me?"

He gave me an incredulous look. "Yours...And mine? You're not serious."

"It's just that, my arms are sore from the flight, and you had a nice long nap." I stopped and gave him the look I give everyone when I wanted something.

"Fine," he grudgingly agreed, walking forward.

I smiled to myself, awarding my cunning.

"But," he said , holding up his hand, "you have to hold these brown bags." He pulled a few crumpled bags out his pocket and handed them to me.

"Okay?" I asked, questioningly. "Why?"

"Because I may or may not get car sick." He shrugged his shoulders like it wasn't a big thing.

"You're not serious!"   He gave me a look that said, "Yes. Yes I am."

"EW." He slipped the duffel bag off his shoulder and held it out to me. I grabbed it, throwing the paper bags on the ground. The Boy scout had a ridiculous lopsided grin on his face.

"What?" I growled.

"Nothing." He took a step forward, filling in the space between us. His lips brushed my ear, sending shivers down my spine as he leaned in to whisper. "I'm just glad  i'm immune to the famous Eagle Eye." Then he walked past, leaving me gawking at the dork. I thought I heard him chuckle and say something like "Airport Peanut bags", but I was too irritated to notice.

"It's supposed to be a puppy dog look!" I protested, yelling after him, but I stopped. He was already at the electronic doors at the front of the airport, hailing a taxi, and people were beginning to stare. I walked agitated after him. 

 A/N: CHAPTER DEDICATED TO HANGIN_BY_A_THREAD FOR HELPING ME REACH 3000 READS ON MY 14 CHAPTER  WHOOP WHOOP! IM GOING TO CHANGE THE DEDICATION TO THE 14TH CHAPTER PART TWO WHEN I PUBLISH IT THOUGH SOO YAYA!!!!!!