Chapter 9

"Hey you guys! Look at this." Linda waved around a flyer crazily as the girls in the dorm crowded around.

I was the last to pad over to the group."What's that?"

The girls stared in shock at me, like I belonged in a mental institute.

Linda came over to knock me in the head with the now rolled up flyer. "This is the ultimate trip. The best place for all ages! Everyone's dream since they were, like, five!"  I looked at her, totally lost.

She groaned and flopped on the nearby bed, placing the back of her hand against her forehead, like she gave up. She held the blue flyer up like a white flag.  "Take it," she ordered, dramatically.

I take the paper from her grip and stare at the words across the page. "Disney World Fun! Next week."  it read.

I dropped the paper, and the girls screamed triumphantly in unison, thinking I finally got what they meant. But it only brought a fleeting memory ,one of a blurred man, leading me through streets of  mickey mouse hats and screaming children. "Come on," he murmured, his hand extended out to me. "Come on," he chanted again, "Come on. come on .come on...." his voice repeated, words garbling and confusing as the skin on his hand melted away. I screamed and ran away but not getting far when the street lights brightened and blinded me, pulling me down into unconsciousness...

"Sam!" Voices swarmed my ears but wouldn't identify with my brain.

I hit the ground.

---)---@---)---)---)---)---)---)---)---)---@---)---)---)---)-&-(---(---(---(---@---(---(---(---(---(---(---(---(---@---(---

My eyes squinted open as I looked around the sterile hospital cabin. The first thing I noticed was the lack of clothes I had on; only a thin, translucent paper gown covered my body.  The second thing I noticed was the uncomfortable ache coming from my temple. I groaned at turned onto my side. I was met face to face with Diego, Linda,Kayla, and, leaning up against the dark doorway, Mason. 

"Morning beautiful," Diego smiled. "Finally, we've been waiting for a while now. Even Marilyn Mason over there was concerned."

I looked over at Mason, his cheeks burning red. "Aah, I wasn't that worried."

"Yeah Sam, I was just joking. He's a complete Douche Bag." The two locked eyes in silence. I was sure someone would tackle the other in two seconds.

All of the sudden, Diego started laughing and Mason even smiled slightly. Linda rolled her eyes, but she was smiling also.

But me, on the other hand, was definitely confused. 

"When did you guys get so friendly?" I said, trying hard to bite back my jealousy.

"Well when you're in a room together watching after a friend for hours, it's hard to avoid conversation."  He lightly punched Mason in the shoulder. "And he's not as nerdy as I thought my step brother was. He's actually more of a douche, like me." As reassuring as that sounded, I sighed.

I fell back on the bed, feeling jealous and sad and a bit upset. I guess you can miss a lot when you faint all the time.

Linda was fawning over Mason, and Diego didn't seem to notice Kayla as she tried to flirt. Everyone was having a great time and here I was, the reason that brought them together, discarded on this uncomfortable hospital bed.  Linda came over while Kayla and the guys were joking around. "Hey Sam, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, I guess. I don't care."

"Do you think I should go out with Diego? " She looked at me with tentative eyes. 

I looked at her in disbelief. "I thought you liked Mason?"

"No, it was just an infatuation, I really do like Diego though." I could tell she was telling the truth.

I rolled my eyes, mad and irritated at the situation. "Sure, It's not like I care that jerk is the center of attention. He's freaking ugly anyway, I would never date him." I didn't mean a single one of those words.

Linda seemed annoyed as she walked away from me and called, "He's not as bad as you think, and he definitely doesn't deserve to be treated that way."  She rejoined the guys, as if she never left.

The morphine the doctors pumped into my veins were taking affect, but I fought it off . I didn't want to miss more time, but the morphine steadily pulled me under, relentlessly. 

I guess it for the best anyway, I thought as I drifted off into a forced sleep.

__________________________________________________________________________

 "Saaaaam!! Sam! Get up!! "  Someone ripped the cover off my body, letting a chill invade my warm fortress.

"Wah?" I was relieved to find myself back in the girls cabin, but not too happy to see who had ripped my covers away.

Linda shook me a lot. "GET UP FAT BUTT, WE'RE GOING TO MISS DISNEY WORLD!"

"Yeah, lazy girl! Get up!" Kayla echoed.

That woke me up with a start. "Crap. I need to call my mom, and get ready... no, no wait, get ready then call my mom..."  My mind jumbled up from thinking too much.

"I don't care what you're gonna do first, I just care if you're gonna be there or not, and not is NOT an option, woman." Her phone chimed with a text message. "Oh, my Mom's here. We have three days before we all have to meet at Disney World, and we're going to Barbados." She smiled at Kayla, and I was only guessing she was going too.

Her phone rang again, this time more insistent. "Well, got to go Sam. Don't be late ,girl."

She gave me a kiss on the forehead as Kayla waved on their way out.  "Well, bye,"

I gathered my stuff as I watched, one by one, the girls of my cabin leave. We had all really became close, especially Linda, Kayla and I. When I was finally ready to go, I pulled out my phone to call mom.

A/N: Lol this is dedicated to @sconyers because it was her who encouraged me to get my lazy but up and fix this crazy story. Thanks!!!