~ Chapter 4 ~

Lexa's POV

"Anya, it's not even funny! Where is my tape?!" I shouted from our gym.

It was 7 a.m. I knew she was already awake, 'cause she had to got to work. My knuckles were aching like hell, and even though I didn't mind it, I actually wanted to heel them at least a bit. That's why, as I walked into the gym in the morning, I decided to use my tape. But it wasn't on the shelf where I left it the last time.

"I don't know! Maybe that's a miraculous sign from whoever is up there, that boxing isn't a good idea today! Maybe choose basketball!" she answered from downstairs.

I sighed, trying to control the anger that immediately showed up. I felt it rushing through my veins. I punched the bag to release it, but it was even worse.

"Crap," I mumbled as my hand ached even more.

Another deep breath.

I ran downstairs and saw her sitting at the table, peacefully drinking her morning coffee.

"If that's a sign, then perhaps maybe I could make my boxing session without them," I passed the table and sat on the counter. I looked at her, challengingly, and smirked.

She sighed and put her phone down. "Lex, please, don't torture yourself. It's not healthy. I barely cleaned up your blood from the floor from yesterday's session." I saw a clear pain and disappointment in her eyes. I felt it again. A dark hole in my heart getting even bigger. Again, I disappointed her. Every time it was happening I felt like I was losing control.

"Fine," I didn't want to torture her for longer. Not myself, her.

I jumped out of the counter. She smiled at me, relieved.

"Have a nice day at work."

"Don't do anything stupid while this suspension, please?"

I nodded and showed her thumbs up.

I used the back doors to walk out. On the yard with the concrete ground was standing my hoot. It was perfect for me. I was enough tall and jumpy to be able to do a dunk, but it was also high enough so that throws wouldn't be that easy.

I started playing with myself.

***

Because Anya hasn't cook anything for dinner, and she wasn't going home any soon, I decided to get something in the town. I headed on my motorcycle to the first place that came out in my mind.

Trikru restaurant. In my opinion, it was the best local here. The prices weren't high and the food was good. Also, the boss, Indra Trikru, happened to be Anya's best friend, so I could come there anytime, just sit at the counter, got some good stuff, and have a nice conversation.

I knew every person working there because I was coming there really often - at least four or five times a week.

I parked my bike and walked inside. I immediately noticed Indra standing by the counter. Above the doors, the bell rang and she noticed me, too.

"Lexa, hi!" She smiled at me, genuinely.

"Hey. Wassup?" I asked as I sat at my usual spot.

"Good, like always," Indra shot me a toothy smile.

She was one of the most positive persons I've ever met. Anywhere she came there was a bright light behind her. You just couldn't dislike her.

"How are you?" she asked, leaving some cloth she was holding, and giving her entire attention to me.

"Good, thanks."

She was such a bright person, that I couldn't lay all my problems and worries on her. I just couldn't.