~ Chapter 14 ~

Clarke's POV

Clarke : Hey, I just wanted to check if you're alright :)

I wrote this message to Lexa three hours ago, now I just stared at it. She didn't answer me, she didn't read it even. I was worried, but maybe I was just overreacting. It had definitely something to do with the girl from the photo. I didn't recognize her, but I was sure that Raven would. She was much more popular than I was, and she knew everyone at our school. I just needed to find some way to show her the picture of that girl...

"What are we doin'?" Raven asked, leaning over my shoulder, looking right at my screen. "Aww, you're worried of that little psycho girl?" she asked.

I immediately turned around, looking at the stupid girl I got to call a sister, angrily. "What did you just call her?" I asked, through gritted teeth.

"Chill, Griffin." Raven stepped back from me. "She is a little crazy, you have to admit that."

"Raven, she's going through something, that's probably very hard for her. Why are you judging her like that? You don't even know her that good," I answered her, taking step closer to her.

"Why are you protecting her like that? You don't even know her that good!" Raven bit back, not caring about me trying to be intimidating. We both knew it didn't work on her. Too many years together.

I sighed and just started walking away from her.

"Why..." Raven started and so I looked at her. "Why do you care about her so much, anyway?"

She had her arms crossed and bored face on, which meant only one thing. That she was anything but impressed with me. The truth was that even I didn't know why I cared. Lexa was rude to me and my friends ever since we've met. Like, literally her first words to me were "watch your steps, bitch". She got into fight with my best friend. She treated me like shit. And she was always so cold. At least, when there was someone around.

"I don't know, I just feel..." I started. I tried to find a right word that could describe what I was actually feeling, but I just couldn't.

"Clarke, you don't actually like here, do you? Like, like her, LIKE her?" Raven widened eyes, watching me.

I gasped. "Of course not, please." I chuckled from her absurd idea. "She's not even my type." She nodded, satisfied with my answer. "I just think, she needs a friend right now."

She shrugged this off. "First, do you really think she's a type of person that needs a friend, and two, do you really think she considers you her friend?"

I looked down.

She was right.

She doesn't even take me seriously. She sees me only as her annoying partner. A problem, that will disappear as soon as we will give our project to Pike. She would never actually consider me her friend.

We both heard door to our house opening, then closing with loud thumb. I looked a little bit surprised at Raven, as I did not see that coming. She looked at me the same way, and then she scanned the counter. We both stopped at the knife, that laid right between us. I nodded to her, and she ever so quietly tried to get to it.

"Girls, you home? It's me!" mum screamed and I let out a breath, I didn't even realize I was holding. My muscles relaxed. Of course it was her, you dumb bitch.

But as mum get into the kitchen, she saw Raven holding a knife turned to her.

"What were you doing?" mum frowned and asked us, taking the knife out of Raven's hand.

"Umm... nothing, we were just... talking," Raven said, shooking off the slight situation we were just in.

"Yeah," I nodded and we both got out of kitchen.