~ Chapter 16 ~

Clarke's POV

"So, how is it between you and Lincoln, huh?" I asked, as we sat at our usual seat. It was Friday and we were having a lunch right now. Raven and Luna were to join us soon.

Octavia sighed deeply. It's been almost two weeks now, since he ended it all with her. She was a mess.

"We don't talk, we don't-- we don't do anything. It's like... it's like he just moved on," she looked up from her salad and stared into my eyes, deep and fully. "Do you think he found someone else?"

I opened my mouth. Nothing came out of it. He wouldn't. Right...?

"Clarke. You can't actually consider that--"

"I mean, I don't think so."

I face palmed myself in my mind. 'I don't think so'? Seriously? I couldn't come up with anything better? I took a deep breath, before trying to correct my answer.

"He loved you. It was real. I don't know what happened. But I know one thing, well, actually two," I showed her two fingers. "One, it's definitely not your fault and you can't blame yourself for that." I showed one finger only. "Two, if it's because of someone else--" I paused for a second, making sure of my next words. "Well, fuck him, then. He doesn't deserve you."

She smiled, happily at me. "Thank you," she said, nodding.

"Hey, guys. Excited for the party?" Luna asked, as she sat next to me. Raven showed up right behind her, taking the seat next to O.

Octavia shook her head. "I don't think I'll..."

"Don't even say that!" Luna pointed her finger at her. "You are coming."

"But Lincoln's gonna be there--"

"Well, then, you are going to have fun, not caring about him," Raven said, looking at her seriously. "He and I really need to have a serious conversation," she looked at all of us, more seriously, and more madly.

"Noo, you can't talk to him," Octavia immediately grabbed her arm. She was far more desperate than she should.

"Chill, I won't. But he really should explain why he did what he did," she answered. And, after all those years of living with her in the same house, I could easily tell she was lying. She was obviously going to talk to him. And I was pretty sure, she'd drag me and Luna with her.

"Okay, that's good, but now, I got to go, guys," she said, after taking her last bite of salad. "Please, behave and don't do anything stupid."

"Alright," we all nodded, nicely.

As soon as she walked away, Raven leaned over the table, closer to us. "Guys, we really have to talk to that guy. We're in the same group of friends. It can't be like they never existed. We need to know what was the reason!"

Luna was the skeptical one. "I don't know, Rae. She told us to not talk."

"Yes, but it's gonna be for her own good."

I sighed. "Alright, I'm in." Luna looked at me shocked. "I wanna know what happened. Don't pretend like you ain't curious."

She finally nodded, after fighting an inside battle. "Okay, maybe I am a little." We both looked at her. "Alright, I am. A lot." She pointed her finger at us. "That doesn't change the fact that I won't feel bad about it."

"Yesss," we both laughed with Raven. "It's decided. We are going to get it out of him, today, at the party." I nodded, smirking mischievously.

***

I threw my notebook at the desk, before sitting on my seat. Lexa was already there, scrolling through her phone. As always, her legs were carelessly on the desk.