~ Chapter 18 ~

Clarke's POV

"Why is whole school staring at you like you did a strip dance on the table and the internet has a video of it?" Octavia asked, looking stone cold seriously at both Luna and Raven that tried to cover themselves with books.

We were sitting in a library. The school did not let it go or just moved on. Everyone was looking at both of them. They were shutting up and starting gossiping the second they noticed either Luna or Raven, even more eagerly when they were together.

"Because your dumb brother put it online," Raven answered, looking angrily at Octavia.

"I didn't do anything, and I told him immediately after I found out to take it down. He did," Octavia raised her hands, as she got threatening looks from Luna and Raven.

"It's the internet, for God's sake. It'll stay there forever." Luna grabbed her head in both hands. "I hate Bellamy so much." She shook it and put it down, onto the table.

"We all hate Bellamy, line up," Octavia said, smirking. "However, I think we all agree that there is something much more interesting to talk about." She looked directly at me and I just frowned having no idea what she could meant. "What's between you and Lexa?"

I opened my mouth in shock. "Nothing," I said. I felt my cheeks getting ready, but I did not ran away with my look. There was nothing between us.

"Please, you both are really hot. You're bi and she's definitely fruity," Octavia continued. I looked at her not impressed "Come on, we all know that someone who look this way is not straight. She's a lesbian, isn't she?" Octavia smirked.

"She is, which is none of your business, Octavia. What Lexa and I share is a professional bond, not even a friendship, that only exists because of the fact that we have a project to do together. Which is actually why I came here, to study. So, now I'm gonna excuse myself because I have to find books that we need." I stood up and walked away from them, scoffing. How dare she?

***

When the lessons ended and I didn't find neither Lexa or her bike, I figured she had to left earlier. Maybe her class got cancelled or something. We both agreed that today we would start to work on the project immediately after lessons, maybe Lexa forgot about it. But now as I think about it, I haven't even seen her today at school. She didn't text me that she has to cancel this or anything. I started walking into the direction of her house. I opened instagram.

mechanic.Reyes

mechanic.Reyes One year with my baby <3 @steal.u.girl.Lun

Likes 112

@steal.u.girl.Lun I love you so much bby <3

@mechanic.Reyes I love you too bby <3 so fucking much

I smiled and hit the like button. Luna and Raven were so cute together. They really made me believe in love.

Lexa's house was really close to school, though, so soon I was there. I put my phone to my back pocket and walked in, without even knocking. I knew she was inside and she's told me dozens of times before to stop knocking.

I heard the sound that I learned to recognize with her. Boxing. I sighed and walked upstairs, already heading to her gym. As I suspected I saw Lexa there. All sweaty, punching the bag very hardly.

She noticed me and stopped, her hands went behind her back immediately. "You're here already, great. Give me five minutes," Lexa said and was about to walk out but I stopped her.

"Can I see your knuckles?"

"What?" she stared at me, pretending to have no idea what I was talking about.

"Show me your knuckles, I know you didn't put tape on them. It's not the first time I walk in and see you getting off on this bag, without any protection, with the floor all bloody and your knuckles messed up. Show me them and then tell me what happened. It's okay, I just want to--"

"Don't do this," she said and I looked up into her eyes, that suddenly became much darker. Her jaw tightened and that was when I realized I went too far.

"Do what?" I asked though.

"Act like there's anything between us. We're not friends, Clarke. There is nothing between me and you, so don't act like you care. There will never be anything between us. So just stop. This ends in one month as the project will be finished and it will be like we never talked before again. I once let my guard down next to you and you saw my vulnerable side, but it will never happen again. Get over yourself and forget about it. Stop doing this."

And then she left me there, fully surprised. I heard the door closing with a loud thumb, soon the shower started.

Why the hell was she like this?!