~ Chapter 10 ~

Lexa's POV

"So, I think they finally healed, and, yes, you can do boxing again." Abby nodded smiling. Week since accident from the bathroom and my fist was healed. The skin had still slightly different color and there probably will be some scar, but I was able to box again, which I was really glad for.

"Thank you, doctor Griff..." I answered, but she cut me off in half.

"Abby is fine. I see you at my house twice a week, my daughter comes to yours too. Abby, please," she said, smiling politely.

"Abby, thank you." I accepted it, tho Abby sounded weird. I never liked calling older people by their names. My mom always taught me to respect them, and so names weren't okay for me. But if she wants me to call her that, I guess that's fine.

"I hope to not see you here again, Lexa," Abby added, before I left the room.

"Me either," I nodded, and closed the door.

As I didn't have my own car and my motorcycle was at home, as Anya dropped me off at Abby's office, before riding to work, I had to walk to home.

It's been almost two weeks since the biology project with Griffin started. We have another ten left. I knew I had to collaborate with her, and turns out, collaborating is also having a conversation with her. I think that's actually the hardest part, as biology is not that difficult for me.

I never knew her before this whole situation, that started when I got into fight with Octavia. I might notice her on a corridor once or twice. I could even consider her quite pretty, if not for the fact that she annoyed me too often. She wanted to know about me too much. I get some simplest things, like some conversation keepers, my favourite color or meal or whatever. But she also asked about the girl from pictures that I hang on my ceiling, right next to Harry's poster. I think she noticed my expression's and mood's change, because she didn't dig into it, not then and not ever since. She, too, asked a few more questions that were way out of line.

I was not interested in her life or, more specifically, the one and only picture of some boy with medium length, black, greasy hair, that I noticed, hidden on the deep bottom of her drawer. It's not that I went through her drawers, she asked me to take out of it some hoodie while she was actually busy on her laptop. I was closer to the drawer, so I gave her the hoodie. I think she forgot about the picture. It was really damaged - scratched, blurred, and also snagged on halfs, then taped in one again. One half had her and other him, they seemed close, but the picture was really miserable, I assumed something bad happened between them. Tho, I kept it to myself and did not ask her about it, like she did.

I noticed Clarke much easily shared things with me. We know each other for two weeks only, and I know every specific detail of her friend's relationship. Every. Single. Detail. How can she be like this after so not much of time? After I was a bitch to her at a very early beggining. I still kinda am...

My thoughts were cut off when I bumped onto someone. My instincts immediately caught the person, as the strength of the bump mostly worked on them and not me. My hands wrapped around smooth, toned waist. I caught them in a right time. I looked up.

"Octavia?" I asked, unbelievingly staring at her.

But then I recalled the position we were standing in and I immediately backed off, looking down.

"Lexa," she mumbled. Like always, the disgust played on lips. The only person that ever called me nicely was Anya, and then also Costia.

I fastly looked her up and down, as I noticed she did exactly the same. She had a really simple outfit, some black sweats and a crop hoodie , which made me think how she was surviving, as it was cold and I could see her whole stomach. Her hair were in a messy bun, her eyes had a bugs under, and I could see she didn't have a makeup on at all. I guess, the whole thing that was going on between her and Lincoln really was getting under her skin. She looked really miserable.

"Sorry," I said, after a moment of quite awkward silence.

"It's fine," she said, and tried to walk past me. I obviously let her, but after a few steps I turned around and looked at her back.

"Hey, Octavia," I called a little louder. She stopped and looked at me questioningly. "If you really love him, fight. You can never be sure of future. Make a use of present." She frowned, and then nodded hesitantly.

She walked away. And so I started walking to my house.

The whole situation between them was pretty weird, and complicated. From what I heard from Clarke, which is a lot, first Octavia's partner from the project tried to kiss her. She felt quilty so she told Lincoln. And he broke up with her. Clarke told her to just talk with him, to get everything straight. And then he said, he need a break to think of the relationship. To me, he sounded a lot like a douche. But they seemed really good for each other, and Octavia took the whole thing really badly.

I finally made it to my house. I used my pair of keys to open the door and then I walked in. It was Sunday and Clarke said that she'll come here soon.

But soon can mean a few minutes or an hour, so I simply walked up and changed into pair of sweats and took off the T-shirt and hoodie, staying only in a sport bra. I put my hair in a high ponytail.

And, after almost a month, I walked into gym, finally being able to box.

Clarke's POV

I drove under Lexa's house and parked my car.

I never thought making a project with her would be so good. I mean, it's not perfect, and sometimes it's even weird or awkward, but I had to admit that she was really interesting person. I could easily see two different sides of her. The one from school, the tough one, motorcycle, cigarrates, violence. But, at home, especially here, around Anya, she was much different. She held love toward her. My guess was that something happened. Something terrible, that changed her completely. She tried to stay away from any attachments. That is so sad. I think, whatever happened, and I think it included the girl from the photos, she was so mad about, it hurt her badly. And now she tried to stay away from hurting herself any more.

I knocked, but no one answered. I guessed she just didn't hear. The door were opened, so I walked in. As always, I took off my shoes, and coat, and put them on a right spot. Then I headed towards music. It was going from the room that was next to hers. It always stayed closed, so I didn't know what I'd see there.

The view was... well really nice, actually. Lexa in some sweats and only in a sport bra. Her hair were up in a messy ponytail. She was also really, really sweaty, what actually made her only more hot.

She was punching the bag so strongly. I could see every muscle on her back as she was turned to me this way. I could notice some tape on her hands, which was good. My mom will probably appreciate it, as it wasn't easy to heal her.

"What, on Earth, this bag's done to you?" I asked and leaned on the door frame, smirking mischievously.

I could see I startled her, as she slightly jumped and turned around, just a bit angry.

"I didn't see you there," she said, after she stared at me for a few seconds. Then she kinda turned from me, totally ignoring my presence, and sat at some bench, already wiping the sweat away. Slowly, she started untaping her hands and when it was done, she stood up, and finally looked at me.

"I think I'm gonna use a shower but you can start without me," she smiled, nodding assureingly, and passed me, already heading to her room. I decided to agree and just followed her there. She grabbed some clothes from the closet and walked into the bathroom, leaving me there alone.

A bit hesitantly, I sat on her bed, and started working.