"ʜᴏᴘᴇ"

Art Credit To: atergraham on Tumblr

Tw: Swearing, Body Mutilation/ Mentions of Body Harm, Death

I could feel myself pressed against something warm and soft, it was comfortable, and I never registered what I was pressed up against. With my newfound stirring, the thing- rather person- also stirred, wrapping arms around me and pulling me closer to them.

It was comfortable for a few more minutes, until a blaring alarm jolted both of us awake. The person next to me didn't seem panicked, rather they were quite calm. They got up and dressed, fully getting ready for the day.

"I would recommend getting ready," Nagito's voice was just flat, there was no emotion nor tone to it. And so I did, leaving the dirty ones on the ground. I'd find some chance to leave him today, and then it wouldn't matter if I left clothes here. If he was planning the murder of the traitor, then the trial would go quite quickly.

As we left his cabin, there was very little light to the sky. The sunrise hadn't even begun over the horizon, only light shades of purple light were visible. Nagito didn't seem to mind, instead he gripped my hand as tight as he could. For the little bit of light, the sky was still immensely pretty.

"It's pretty, huh?" I looked back at Nagito, his smile was as wide as could be. Though he looked incredibly happy, there was something melancholy in his eyes. Something about his posture, the way he walked, and the small hint in his eyes suggested that this wasn't what it seemed.

"Very, the sky is always immensely pretty. Sunrises have lovely colors, a clear sky means a nice day, a rainy sky means cleanliness, and the stars form pictures against a dark canvas."

"The way you see things is always amazing. It's as if there was beauty in everything, including things that are usually deemed unattractive."

"Like what?"

"Human anatomy and the macabre. If you think about it, humans are disgusting creatures. And you devoted your entire life to it, your entire family has worked with it over the course of centuries! Your family has found a career- rather a life- in a subject most people avoid talking about."

"Of course, but I think a lot of people mistake death to be poetic. We shouldn't fear death, it's a natural thing that happens to all of us. Despite that, it's not romantic and lovely- it tends to be brutal and oftentimes sick. But in the end, everyone tends to think differently, I can't blame anybody..." We continued walking, reaching the bridges that connected the other islands to the central island.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

"How mysterious, I'm falling in love..." I fanned myself with my free hand, dramatizing what I said.

As we walked across the bridge to the 5th Island, and somehow something snapped in my head, this island was industrial- meaning a lot of heavy machinery and dangerous parts. Wherever we were going would lead to at least one of us incredibly injured.

"What are you doing? Are you stupid? Why are you so adamant on hurting yourself? Why are you so adamant about hurting me?" I tried to pull away from him, he continued keeping a firm grip on me, dragging me with him.

When we reached the plushie factory he forced both of us inside the building before locking the door behind him. Looking around the once empty warehouse, there were a bunch of different materials scattered around the ground. A bunch of rope, a multitude of Monokuma dolls stacked on top of each other, knives, and a spear. There was also an MP3 player, not that I knew what it was for.