✞【Break Your Knees In】✞

Art Credit To: jellyfisshes on Deviantart

TW: swearing, Teruteru's comments, flirting(?)

I heard Monokuma's voice shout from the monitor in my room, his scratchy voice preaching as if it were just a normal day and as if 17 teenagers weren't forced into a killing game against each other. Funny how that works.

With no other distractions upon me I showered and got ready for the day. I slipped on the chunky boots by my door, lacing them up and getting ready to leave. I heard a knock on my door, growing impatient by the second.

I finished up and opened the door, sighing as the heavy knocking continued. I slowly opened part of the door, trying to see who it was. Nagito stood on my doorstep, seeming as if he had stood there for awhile.

"Morning, Komaeda."

"Good morning, (L/N). Are you ready?"

I went back in for a moment, grabbing the tie off of the couch. I started tying it, finishing up as I stumbled out of the doorframe. I shut the door behind me and straightened everything out, it was all slightly askew.

"Yeah, sorry..." I started walking with Nagito, him whispering something to himself as our feet made soft sounds in the sand. When I asked him about his inaudible rambles, he dismissed it as if he never said anything at all. Though a bit weird, I didn't mind too much.

We walked up to the second floor of the hotel, reaching the hotel restaurant. There were a few people in there already, and a few more joined after the two of us sat down. Teruteru came by, giving us both a plate of food that he had made himself.

"Y'know, (Y/N), if you're looking for extra sausage just tell me..." Teruteru winked, hovering over us.

I heard a low snap from across the table, I looked up to see Nagito's fork snapped in half, he was definitely a lot stronger than I thought. I turned back to the chef, rolling my eyes at him; he still stood there, eager for some sort of response.

"No thanks, Hanamura, I'm sure I'll be just fine..." I grit my teeth, staring down at the food in front of me. I heard footsteps shuffle away. I looked up after I couldn't hear the footsteps walking away, meeting Nagito's stare before relaxing.

"What's with that?" I pointed at the broken utensil in his hands, causing him to also look down at it.

"Ahaha! I'm so incompetent... it's nothing..." He swiveled his head around, leaving for a short moment

He came back a moment later, his chair making a loud sound as he sat down again. I flinched at the noise, before returning back to normal with Nagito.

" Loathe as I am to interrupt breakfast, it's time to start this meeting," Byakuya stepped forward, shoes clicking off the floor.

"As you say, in this kind of predicament, one can't possibly stand alone. We must fight as a unified group...

... but, the thing a group needs most is not something as naive as 'bonds'..."

"What we need most right now is a gifted leader to be in command, and you will be delighted to hear that I will take on this responsibility myself!" He stood proudly, as if he were untouchable.

Mahiru stood up from her chair, it also made a loud sound from across the room. She started arguing with the boy: why should we trust him? What if he wanted to do that to kill us? Why are men so pushy and unreliable?

Despite her best efforts and arguments, Byakuya was still our leader. He would have to try to prevent any murders, and assured us that no murders would occur as long as he was our leader. I didn't have much to say, I was fine with it; I didn't mind the Affluent Prodigy, and I sure as hell wasn't going to be a leader.