✞【Shattered Camera】✞

Art Credit To: DrawMulbang on Twitter 

Tw: Mentions of body harm, Swearing, Threats

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!"

Ibuki and I looked between ourselves, a panicked look splattered her face. We took off running towards the beach house, a small cluster of people already standing around the door. Our feet made loud patterns in the sand, pushing past the group of people to see who had been murdered.

Mahiru laid in a puddle of her blood, pressed up against a bloody door and wall. Blood splattered everything around her, the door, the wall, the ground. Her hair was matted with blood, mostly coming from the back of her head. What appeared to be a piece of paper laid on the ground a few feet away from her, it appeared to be a cartoon girl with short blonde hair.

"Huh... Koizumi..? No... what?" I brought my hand up in front of my mouth, trying my hardest not to let out any tears or cries.

"Where's the Bear? Where is he? I'll beat the shit out of him!" I felt the edge of my eyes sting, as I pushed past to step over to Mahiru.

After examining the body, I got up to leave the beach house, I wanted to change out of my now bloody clothes. I wasn't paying much attention as I walked, I just tried connecting the clues in my head together. To make sure we solved the case, it would be best to examine everything as early as possible.

I walked right into a tall entity, whether it be a person or maybe a beam.

"Oh, my apologies..." I felt arms wrap around me, I tried looking up to who it was, but they pulled me closer into them, lifting up my left hand and gently holding it in theirs. I assumed it to be Nagito, not that it mattered much, as I started trying to break free of his grasp. Wait- what would Nagito be doing out of his restraints?

"Who did this to you?" Nagito's raspy voice only confirmed my own suspicions.

"I did it myself, acting on impulse, it was stupid..." I continued struggling against him, trailing off with my words.

"Huh? Are you bothered by scum like me? I just want to make sure your bright hope isn't damaged by anything..." He loosened his grip on me, looking me up and down, once again contorting into a lovesick twisted vision.

"And... what are all these, then?" He lightly traced over a few of the faded scars, tracing one along my collarbone. That crossed a line.

"Don't touch me, they're nothing. Seriously, leave me alone!"

"Why? Why are there so many scars, faded or not?"

"There are more important things at hand. If we both end up alive after this game, I'll tell ya. K?"

"I'll make sure no one hurts you..." He trailed off, drool falling out of the side of his mouth.

"There's a dead body I need to examine. Go bother someone else, Nagito."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Monokuma once again explained the rules to us, this time I had already known them. I wasn't as recked as I was last time, not riddled with fear and anxiety, though the empty podium next to me did not bode well for fate, if I wanted to say that.

"I suppose we may start with the game, no?" I started us off, knowing that we were in for a long trial. Hajime agreed with me, giving us the mtive for the murder- the video game Twilight Syndrome Murder Case.